2016 Civic Owners-Biggest Surprises/Disappointments so far?

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm not complaining about homelink, and I do understand how auto-design works. There's a very good documentary on Netflix about the making of the new Mustang that delves into this, for people that don't feel like reading lol.

Also, there's profit margin to consider. Adding the theoretical $20 part (therefore taking $20 from profit) isn't forever a cost, because when they sell an x amount of vehicles, they'd have crossed the point where all R&D costs etc., are recouped, and are now selling at pure profit. Anyway, this discussion really is moot.

Just because it makes sense to a financial analyst, doesn't mean that it isn't annoying for the consumer. And I don't even care about homelink. it's the 10 cent parts I'm more annoyed with, such as a glovebox light. But I DIY'ed that bish haha
What's the name of the documentary on netflix. I've binge-watched all of my shows. Need something to watch.
Sponsored

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Damnit! That means we probably don't get it here, just like we don't get manual transmissions! Guess it's time to move. lol

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
The point isn't that Civic has never had it - All hondas share parts, and the homelink/light assembly is direct fit across a lot of their vehicles.

All they would have had to do was cut a bigger hole in the ceiling liner and add a few more wires, but they didn't - one can only assume it was an accountant's decision. It's not a decision that doesn't make sense from one perspective, but for the consumer who came from an accord, odyssey, CRV, etc, it's a feature that's missed. My 2000 accord had it. My 2007 accord had it. And it's not like it's some premium feature that costs $$$ to engineer, it's already mass-market.
It may not cost the money to engineer but I guarantee you that it cost at least 20 dollars to install it into a vehicle and they reinvested that into many different features on the car they also took stuff away from other parts on the car which makes this car an overall better car so yes an accountant did make the decision but I would rather go without that than many other high tech features this car has

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
On my lowly LX, the center button changes sources, up / down does volume, and right / left does selection.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I've actually owned an Elantra, it ended up being bought back in a lemon law case, and it is a far cry from the Civic. 16+ times in the shop in 6 months.
If it's so much better, why not buy it then?
And there are people right here on civicx that want/wanted to get rid of their 2016 Civic using the lemon law.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Some older Hondas had a key slot next to the trunk-lever so you could "lock" your trunk. Valet keys wouldn't work in this slot.
Of course that was when their trunk releases were mechanical, and Honda had valet keys lol.

Do the LX models come with valet keys?
No valet key with the LX .

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wish the EXT came with a power drivers seat and for that matter, the passenger one too.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Wish the EXT came with a power drivers seat and for that matter, the passenger one too.
My favourite feature of the Civic by far. I love how you could raise the front part of the seat to make it more "bucket" :)

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I recommend to everyone on the forum who has an interest in cars to read: "Car: A Drama of the American Workplace" by Mary Walton. One of the most fascinating books I've ever read. It follows the design of an actual car from concept to dealer lots. Design, assembly line, sales, the whole ball of wax. A really interesting case study on how decisions are made, relating exactly to this thread. You'll never look at a switch, knob, or button in your car the same way again after reading this book. Someone agonized over whether to make that button a certain way, only to get shot down because it weighed too much, cost 5 cents too much (yes, 5 cents on a button or switch is significant), etc. A must read if you're interested in how cars are manufactured and designed.
I actually read that book - would highly recommend.

The book is also a lot cheaper than going to b-school and getting an MBA, where you'd also learn how these decisions get made. ;)

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I bought the stripper LX MT coupe and I love it. For 19,500 it has everything I want and nothing I don't want. It even came with alloy wheels. I learned to use an ipod for music in it which I now love. 400 songs on it and all of them accessable from the steering wheel.

khnovak10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
the gray cloth seats on the ex-t stain very easily. couldve avoided this by buying the ex-l, but stain treatment spray will do! Better not to live in regret, and just enjoy the amazing car that i have!
Sponsored