What to expect from 2016 Civic Coupe? Any surprises possible?

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
Now that we know basically everything possible about the sedan and they're starting to arrive at dealers, I'm thinkin the coupe reveal can't be far behind.

So what can we expect to be different if anything from the sedan? We already know from the design drawings how it'll look different. What about specs and how the models are configured? Will these be exactly the same as the sedan lineup?

What surprises are possible? More colors maybe or more models with manual option? Different wheel designs?
Sponsored

Jim9026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Altima
Now that we know basically everything possible about the sedan and they're starting to arrive at dealers, I'm thinkin the coupe reveal can't be far behind.

So what can we expect to be different if anything from the sedan? We already know from the design drawings how it'll look different. What about specs and how the models are configured? Will these be exactly the same as the sedan lineup?

What surprises are possible? More colors maybe or more models with manual option? Different wheel designs?
There is a link to an article here stating that the coupe will be shown at the LA Auto Show:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/aricle-saying-2016-coup-to-be-revealed-at-la-car-show.600/

I'm curious about the coupe just as much as you are and I plan on purchasing it.

Last edited:

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The design is set, there is no surprise there. Honda would have to apply for another design patent if it wants to change it up.

However we still don't know dimensions and weight. They could still surprise us there...hoping it's shorter by 4-5" inches

Jim9026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Altima
The design is set, there is no surprise there. Honda would have to apply for another design patent if it wants to change it up.

However we still don't know dimensions and weight. They could still surprise us there...hoping it's shorter by 4-5" inches
Wouldn't you think that they would make the coupe a little longer length wise if anything?
I know they made the 10th gen sedan longer compared to the 9th gen.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Wouldn't you think that they would make the coupe a little longer length wise if anything?
I know they made the 10th gen sedan longer compared to the 9th gen.
He means shorter compared to the 10th gen sedan.

No way it'll be 4-5" shorter than the sedan though. Only way that happens is if it has a shorter wheelbase too, which it won't.

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Would be nice to see manual transmission on more than just the LX model. The coupe tends to attract more enthusiast type so would make sense.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
He means shorter compared to the 10th gen sedan.

No way it'll be 4-5" shorter than the sedan though. Only way that happens is if it has a shorter wheelbase too, which it won't.
Yes thanks for clarifying. i definitely meant shorter than the Civic X sedan. 4-5" is ambitious but considering the rear legroom/trunk space increased as well as the rear overhang, I think 3-4" can be done without any effect on wheelbase.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
No surprises expected. Just typical design language evolution (dilution) from the concept.
The concept was great but imagine the coupe came out looking like that. What would they do for the Si/CTR?

AHM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
The coupe is going to be slightly more aggressive looking. It will not just be the sedan with 2 fewer doors. It will also be better priced and provide better performance than the sedan. These may or may not be surprises depending on what your expectations are but I think some people think it's just going to be a carbon copy of the sedan with the back doors removed. It won't be.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
These may or may not be surprises depending on what your expectations are but I think some people think it's just going to be a carbon copy of the sedan with the back doors removed. It won't be.
It's basically a sedan with back doors removed. It'll be shorter and slightly lower and have wraparound tail lights as the biggest differences.

The design drawings showed this already. See http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-...and-sedan-design-patent-drawings-revealed.32/

AHM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
That's why I said it won't be a carbon copy. Nothing major but it will have a few small unique design elements difficult to glean from the sketches. Around 2.4 inches shorter.
Sponsored