Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
Did a muffler delete on my car.
I uploaded it on youtube so you can see. Here you go:

I know it's stupid since it's a CVT but it sounds alright. Although, driving can get really annoying. Not too loud but just constant lol I revved it up harder in the video than I usually do but just wanted to get the most out of it for the vid. Maybe I'll do a video of me going from a stop but don't wanna leave my phone somewhere lol I'll get a friend to do it for me one of these days maybe.

Anyway, should have got a manual but just kinda having fun with this car. Thinking maybe I'll go get a muffler to tone it down a bit or maybe just go back to stock. What do you guys think? Whats a good muffler that sounds better than stock but doesn't sound louder than a muffler delete that would sound good for my car. Not trying to sound like a race car or anything just want a nice sound is all. Is that lame? The whole point of this is that I was bored one day and decided ya know what.. my car sounds lame. Learned about this, called up a muffler shop and quoted me 50 bucks to delete. I ended up getting a tip welded on too so total of 100.

--------------

On a side note, I know I gain no hp from this lol BUT if I were to get a Ktuner and AEM cold air intake for this CVT how much power could I add. Could I get close to the power of the EX-T? Would this be even worth it. Not something I'm seriously considering at the moment just an idea that popped up. I feel like adding that would compliment the exhaust sound. There is a good amount of lag from a stop but I heard the Ktuner fixes that. Worth it to get either one or both or neither in my case? Let me know what you guys think. I know I'm kinda rice right now but one day I'll get the car I really want lol Once I can afford it. Thinking of saving for an old beater manual civic to learn on while I have this car. Never drove manual before but I used to ride dirt bikes so Im sure I'll get it lol

In the end I know it's just an average everyday commuter economy car.
Just want to kick it up a slight notch.
Sponsored

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
That actually sounds pretty mean!

Reactions: GJR

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
On a side note, I know I gain no hp from this lol BUT if I were to get a Ktuner and AEM cold air intake for this CVT how much power could I add. Could I get close to the power of the EX-T?
You got 158hp and the 1.5t of the EX-T has 174hp. You can get pretty close to it with a custom tune and the cold air intake.

Reactions: GJR

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have a 2.0ltr but a 1.5ltr turbo so I wish I had a lot to add.

However, don't make any apologies to anyone because you have a CVT or because of any modifications you are doing. You enjoy what you are doing and that's all that matters. Also, each and every (And I mean EVERY) car that I have modified with an intake and exhaust on it have gained power. And I have been told the same things over and Over and OVER on each platform. And each time when I post up the my straight line before and after numbers, I never hear it being thrown my way......Including this platform.

Even on my slow-arse 1.5ltr CVT Honda Fit that was running dirt slow, I added a homemade intake and exhaust and dropped two full seconds on it in the 1/4 mile and gained 10mph in my trap speeds.

Love what you are doing and have fun. If I had the 2.0ltr platform, I'd be doing similar things as you (I'd have a quiet muffler though. Getting old). Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You got 158hp and the 1.5t of the EX-T has 174hp. You can get pretty close to it with a custom tune and the cold air intake.
That's what I'm thinking. Those 2 are probably the next thing I'll do to my car.

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have a 2.0ltr but a 1.5ltr turbo so I wish I had a lot to add.

However, don't make any apologies to anyone because you have a CVT or because of any modifications you are doing. You enjoy what you are doing and that's all that matters. Also, each and every (And I mean EVERY) car that I have modified with an intake and exhaust on it have gained power. And I have been told the same things over and Over and OVER on each platform. And each time when I post up the my straight line before and after numbers, I never hear it being thrown my way......Including this platform.

Even on my slow-arse 1.5ltr CVT Honda Fit that was running dirt slow, I added a homemade intake and exhaust and dropped two full seconds on it in the 1/4 mile and gained 10mph in my trap speeds.

Love what you are doing and have fun. If I had the 2.0ltr platform, I'd be doing similar things as you (I'd have a quiet muffler though. Getting old). Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:
Thank you for this!
New to cars and modifying them I find it super fun haha
When you say you get power from an after market exhaust you mean the whole system? Downpipe, resonator, muffler? Just getting an after market muffler wont help much with power, right? What do you mean home made intake?

I'm with you on a quieter muffler though. It's a nice sound I have right now but wondering whats a good after market muffler I could use that's not too loud?

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just realized I never heard what the 2.0 sounds like. This does sound really good.
Thanks yeah the sound came out nice and deep.

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That actually sounds pretty mean!
Thanks! I like how the sound turned out. Sometimes I just sound faster than I actually am going which is kinda weird but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What did you actually do? Did the shop just put a piece of pipe together for you?
Basically. They removed the muffler and welded a new pipe in its place and then welded a tip as well.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for this!
New to cars and modifying them I find it super fun haha
When you say you get power from an after market exhaust you mean the whole system? Downpipe, resonator, muffler? Just getting an after market muffler wont help much with power, right? What do you mean home made intake?

I'm with you on a quieter muffler though. It's a nice sound I have right now but wondering whats a good after market muffler I could use that's not too loud?

Sorry for my late response.
I have not did any work with this platform (2.0ltr N/A Civic). I can only relate to what I did with a 2015 Honda Fit (1.5ltr N/A)

Mind you, I have no dyno numbers since I had a CVT transmission, which I could not dyno. No paddle shifters.

Changing out just the muffler (J's Racing 50R Muffler), there was a slight power gain. My 1/4 mile times dropped slightly and I gained a mph or two in my trap speed. I kept the size at 2". Going to 2.25" and 2.5", there was no gain in 1/4 mile times or trap speeds, only noise.

Changing out my mid-pipe (J's Racing B-pipe), I did not have any power gain. My mid pipe was 2" and slightly larger than stock. No change in 1/4 mile times or trap speeds.

Changing out my downpipe (Pipe coming right off the engine exhaust port), I gained horsepower. I had tested both a catless downpipe (J's Racing downpipe) as well as an RV6 catted downpipe (I worked with RV6 to help develop the downpipe for the 3rd gen Fit). 1/4 mile times dropped and trap speed mph went up.

When I say 'homemade' intake, I mean I made my own intake (Myxal Great Intake Test) based off ideas I had and wanted to test. I have learned a lot from that and shared what I learned with the Fit community.
Sponsored

Last edited: