GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
Hey guys! Last time I had a muffler delete and it kinda started a whole surge of interest in continuing with car mods. Never done anything with cars before lol Its the 2.0L CVT so it may not seem worth it to some people but it really is for me. I commute to Downtown LA everyday and this extra power really helps out! A manual would be nice but for now it's just easier using a CVT for my kind of commute. Also too lazy to trade it in right now maybe in the future idk

I got a used RV6 Downpipe on fb for $250 and the ktuner v1.2 for $350 so kept cost down for power.
For intake I stuck to just using my drop in K&N filter. I heard AEM intakes could possibly reduce power slightly. Not entirely sure but what I know is that it's mostly just for sound and would need a proper tune for it to work as advertised and even then it wouldn't add as much. By that point you already spent the money on the custom tune and the intake system that it was impossible for me to justify getting it myself. Since ktuner only has tune 1 for my car I just run that with throttle response 2 and be done with it. It's made to work with the stock intake system so having just the drop in should be fine. It's just cool it's reusable and I get a sticker still without spending so much lol Vtec at 5300 rpm is nice. They may make it adjustable so we shall see. Also waiting for throttle response 3!

Check out my YouTube vid:
Im comparing the different exhaust sounds:
1) Muffler delete w/ stock downpipe + stock resonator + k&n drop in filter
2) Muffler delete w/ rv6 catted downpipe + stock resonator + k&n drop in filter
3) 409 Performance muffler w/ rv6 catted downpipe + stock resonator + k&n drop in filter

I went with the 3rd one because it's quieter. It was just too loud with a muffler delete. On a side note does it sound like there's an exhaust leak or something? The rv6 startup part of my video seems like it's too loud when I rev it up still for a catted downpipe.. what do you think? It's used and my first downpipe mod so not much else to compare to but from other videos it sounds louder. idk.

Kinda want to make more youtube vids too. Another interest that kinda came out of nowhere. I'm thinking there's not a lot of info out there for this platform but people want the info.. it's just that theres not a lot there. So it's kinda like an open market right now for youtube vids. idk though I should test it out and if ppl ask for more vids then ill make it. Or if I feel like making vids ill just do it. Also a good place for feedback.

In the future Im thinking of maybe doing some pulls/0 to 60s/more revs/maybe different exhaust systems/ktuner stuff/ downpipe stuff etc. idk just an idea let me know!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT with catted RV6 Downpipe soundclips IMG_1791

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT with catted RV6 Downpipe soundclips civic-01

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT with catted RV6 Downpipe soundclips IMG_1793

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT with catted RV6 Downpipe soundclips IMG_1720

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT with catted RV6 Downpipe soundclips IMG_1653

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome looking ride and video. Thanks for the post even though I don't even own a 2.0. I am really liking your muffler. From eyeballing it, it looks to be exactly the type I'd go with as it seems to be a straight through type and is fairly large for the space it provides. Meaning....it MUFFLES but helps with exhaust flow.

Last clip with the muffler sounds the best (for me). Kudos!

Reactions: GJR
OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome looking ride and video. Thanks for the post even though I don't even own a 2.0. I am really liking your muffler. From eyeballing it, it looks to be exactly the type I'd go with as it seems to be a straight through type and is fairly large for the space it provides. Meaning....it MUFFLES but helps with exhaust flow.

Last clip with the muffler sounds the best (for me). Kudos!
Thanks! Yeah im sticking with the 3rd one. The sound is nice without being too loud. It can be during cold start but nothing compared to the muffler delete with this downpipe lol that was loud as heck in real life when driving.

Keeping this setup for now but maybe a while from now I may do something like a dual exhaust with those diffusers people get on ebay.

thanks for watching man!

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
nice we have almost the same setup, my car is a 2019 civic sport sedan 2.0 CVT because the traffic here in miami is heavy heavy, my current setup is ktunner 1.2, RV6 downpipe with stock exhaust system, k&n drop in filter, eibach suspension, fk8 rear sway bar, next mod will be the intake but with the downpipe no ceramic coated i notice a considerable increase in IAT, i believe is not a good idea put a short intake like AEM or k&n for the heat soaking effect lets see.

Reactions: GJR
OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
nice we have almost the same setup, my car is a 2019 civic sport sedan 2.0 CVT because the traffic here in miami is heavy heavy, my current setup is ktunner 1.2, RV6 downpipe with stock exhaust system, k&n drop in filter, eibach suspension, fk8 rear sway bar, next mod will be the intake but with the downpipe no ceramic coated i notice a considerable increase in IAT, i believe is not a good idea put a short intake like AEM or k&n for the heat soaking effect lets see.

Nice! I'd probably do my suspension next. Hows the rear sway bar was thinking of this as well. Yeah I heard from many others saying it adds little to no power. You'd need a proper tune to go with it but you get better sound and possibly better throttle response? but also there is heat soaking effect. Idk but if you do get it let me know how it goes

DOC101

First Name
Burhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
Hey guys! Last time I had a muffler delete and it kinda started a whole surge of interest in continuing with car mods. Never done anything with cars before lol Its the 2.0L CVT so it may not seem worth it to some people but it really is for me. I commute to Downtown LA everyday and this extra power really helps out! A manual would be nice but for now it's just easier using a CVT for my kind of commute. Also too lazy to trade it in right now maybe in the future idk

I got a used RV6 Downpipe on fb for $250 and the ktuner v1.2 for $350 so kept cost down for power.
For intake I stuck to just using my drop in K&N filter. I heard AEM intakes could possibly reduce power slightly. Not entirely sure but what I know is that it's mostly just for sound and would need a proper tune for it to work as advertised and even then it wouldn't add as much. By that point you already spent the money on the custom tune and the intake system that it was impossible for me to justify getting it myself. Since ktuner only has tune 1 for my car I just run that with throttle response 2 and be done with it. It's made to work with the stock intake system so having just the drop in should be fine. It's just cool it's reusable and I get a sticker still without spending so much lol Vtec at 5300 rpm is nice. They may make it adjustable so we shall see. Also waiting for throttle response 3!

Check out my YouTube vid:
Im comparing the different exhaust sounds:
1) Muffler delete w/ stock downpipe + stock resonator + k&n drop in filter
2) Muffler delete w/ rv6 catted downpipe + stock resonator + k&n drop in filter
3) 409 Performance muffler w/ rv6 catted downpipe + stock resonator + k&n drop in filter

I went with the 3rd one because it's quieter. It was just too loud with a muffler delete. On a side note does it sound like there's an exhaust leak or something? The rv6 startup part of my video seems like it's too loud when I rev it up still for a catted downpipe.. what do you think? It's used and my first downpipe mod so not much else to compare to but from other videos it sounds louder. idk.

Kinda want to make more youtube vids too. Another interest that kinda came out of nowhere. I'm thinking there's not a lot of info out there for this platform but people want the info.. it's just that theres not a lot there. So it's kinda like an open market right now for youtube vids. idk though I should test it out and if ppl ask for more vids then ill make it. Or if I feel like making vids ill just do it. Also a good place for feedback.

In the future Im thinking of maybe doing some pulls/0 to 60s/more revs/maybe different exhaust systems/ktuner stuff/ downpipe stuff etc. idk just an idea let me know!

IMG_1791.jpg

civic-01.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

Hey quick question, I just bought a used RV6 downpipe aswell & didnt reciever any hardware with it. I know I have to buy a gasket from Honda where the downpipe meets the engine, my question is did you put a gasket where the downpipe & frontpipe meet? I cant for the life of me figure this out

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
I believe at the bottom not exist that gasket is just like a metal oring, but I can't remember that part, for the upper one I reuse the existing gasket since my car was brand new like 5k miles.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Before you bother purchasing a new exhaust set up, try simply deleting your resonator. I bet you'll like the sound. A little louder and more throaty.

Clean car! Enjoy.

Mlock757

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda civic sport sedan
Country flag
I'm just glad there is some love for 2.0 CVT.. With some inspirations I could use for my slow ass car... Keep it up

DOC101

First Name
Burhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
I believe at the bottom not exist that gasket is just like a metal oring, but I can't remember that part, for the upper one I reuse the existing gasket since my car was brand new like 5k miles.

Thank you, this is the information I needed, I just ordered that O Ring gasket where the frontpipe & downpipe connect
Sponsored