Cry16

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16 Turbo CVT
Country flag
Hello there all. I just got my civic a few days ago and am already looking to get a few things done to it, but, i am a completely noob and never really messed with any of my cars before. First I am going to get a hondata or a ktuner, not sure which to get, might get hondata. I also want to replace my front grill to remove the chrome, i found a grill on ebay let me know what you guys think https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Fron...onda-Civic-Coupe-Sedan-2016-2018/233146618485 . Pretty sure it would fit and its a good price. I am also getting these red emblems https://www.ebay.com/itm/3PCS-JDM-R...blem-2016-18-CIVIC-2Dr-4Dr-Hatch/323341565854 .

I also want to get a cold air intake or short ram. I just want the car to be as safe as possible and also make it a little louder. I saw that i can get a front and downpipe or a muffler but i also have no idea which are the best. Wanted to get a blow off valve but saw that it could mess with the car. I've also been told to check out transcoolers and intercooler. Thank you all!

Also wanted to get this https://downforcesolutions.bigcartel.com/product/2016-2017-honda-civic-front-splitter with the side skirts and diffuser
Sponsored

MonsterYoda

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EXT w/Honda Sensing & KTuner
Country flag
Hello there all. I just got my civic a few days ago and am already looking to get a few things done to it, but, i am a completely noob and never really messed with any of my cars before. First I am going to get a hondata or a ktuner, not sure which to get, might get hondata. I also want to replace my front grill to remove the chrome, i found a grill on ebay let me know what you guys think https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Fron...onda-Civic-Coupe-Sedan-2016-2018/233146618485 . Pretty sure it would fit and its a good price. I am also getting these red emblems https://www.ebay.com/itm/3PCS-JDM-R...blem-2016-18-CIVIC-2Dr-4Dr-Hatch/323341565854 .

I also want to get a cold air intake or short ram. I just want the car to be as safe as possible and also make it a little louder. I saw that i can get a front and downpipe or a muffler but i also have no idea which are the best. Wanted to get a blow off valve but saw that it could mess with the car. I've also been told to check out transcoolers and intercooler. Thank you all!

Also wanted to get this https://downforcesolutions.bigcartel.com/product/2016-2017-honda-civic-front-splitter with the side skirts and diffuser
Hello Cry16..... I have a 2018 EXT CVT. I am running KTuner.. Most forum comments recommend running KTuner. I think it is about the same price. You get more ability to tune yourself or with certified Tuner (Highly Recommend). The CVT does have it's limits as far as power it can handle. Both Hondata and KTuner have researched this to maximize the turbo with the transmission. One year of use on mine, and I love it. I started with the V1.2 (computer install needed). But after the year, I will be upgrading to the V2. You only have to load the tunes onto the unit from a windows based OS, and then you can remote load the tunes without the computer. This way if I need to have Honda service the car at all, I can flash back to stock and not void the warranty. I also am upgrading the grill. I am going with the mesh grill with no emblem. i think it looks cleaner on my color (midnight burgundy). I changed the wheels out to lighter spoke black rims.. So much better. I think I picked up a tenth or 2 on my 0-60.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2016-1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-T CVT Mods IMG_2349.JPG

OP
OP
Cry16

Cry16

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16 Turbo CVT
Country flag
Hello Cry16..... I have a 2018 EXT CVT. I am running KTuner.. Most forum comments recommend running KTuner. I think it is about the same price. You get more ability to tune yourself or with certified Tuner (Highly Recommend). The CVT does have it's limits as far as power it can handle. Both Hondata and KTuner have researched this to maximize the turbo with the transmission. One year of use on mine, and I love it. I started with the V1.2 (computer install needed). But after the year, I will be upgrading to the V2. You only have to load the tunes onto the unit from a windows based OS, and then you can remote load the tunes without the computer. This way if I need to have Honda service the car at all, I can flash back to stock and not void the warranty. I also am upgrading the grill. I am going with the mesh grill with no emblem. i think it looks cleaner on my color (midnight burgundy). I changed the wheels out to lighter spoke black rims.. So much better. I think I picked up a tenth or 2 on my 0-60.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2016-18-HONDA-CIVIC-10TH-GEN-ABS-3PC-JDM-3D-MESH-BADGELESS-FRONT-HOOD-GRILLE/172405021974?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

IMG_2349.JPG
Thanks for your response! I think im gonna get the hondata since i've seen people saying they are more reliable even though the ktuner can get you some more power. I actually just ordered a grille overlay cover that way i don't have to remove the bumper, i just 3m it onto the chrome. What's the best way and safest way to make the car louder?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-T CVT Mods 57852328-EC57-4198-B59B-9AB053C331EB

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Hondata MORE reliable? They are BOTH as reliable.
With the stock turbo donā€™t bother with DP or FP. Drop a high flow filter into the stock box and get an Upgraded IC. You can do the Mishimoto and get the PRL upgraded charge hose kit; since you are just on the stock turbo. Whether you are on Hondataā€™s +6 or KTunerā€™s 21, youā€™ll be happy you did.
As far as ā€œloudā€ goes, I wouldnā€™t recommend any changes to the exhaust stream on the stock set-up as that is really $ you could apply to more beneficial components.
Another suggestion;
If your used ā€˜16 was not Certified, drain and fill the CVT fluid and always use premium fuel if you want the best from it.

OP
OP
Cry16

Cry16

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16 Turbo CVT
Country flag
Hondata MORE reliable? They are BOTH as reliable.
With the stock turbo donā€™t bother with DP or FP. Drop a high flow filter into the stock box and get an Upgraded IC. You can do the Mishimoto and get the PRL upgraded charge hose kit; since you are just on the stock turbo. Whether you are on Hondataā€™s +6 or KTunerā€™s 21, youā€™ll be happy you did.
As far as ā€œloudā€ goes, I wouldnā€™t recommend any changes to the exhaust stream on the stock set-up as that is really $ you could apply to more beneficial components.
Another suggestion;
If your used ā€˜16 was not Certified, drain and fill the CVT fluid and always use premium fuel if you want the best from it.
Okay. Told my dad about draining the CVT fluid and he said it's not needed since the car is new. It is also not Honda Certified but it has 14500 miles. Should I change it? And only use premium fuel? I've seen people talk about octanes and stuff like that but do I need a certain octane if im running a tune or not?
Would a CAI or SAI help with making more sound? thanks!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
SRI will definitely be your loudest option but (there's always a but) they will heat soak more than the stock airbox.

Reactions: Myx

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Okay. Told my dad about draining the CVT fluid and he said it's not needed since the car is new. It is also not Honda Certified but it has 14500 miles. Should I change it? And only use premium fuel? I've seen people talk about octanes and stuff like that but do I need a certain octane if im running a tune or not?
Would a CAI or SAI help with making more sound? thanks!
If you want the best performance then premium fuel. If you want just everyday driving then regular. As far as ā€œNoiseā€ is concerned; I really do not promote anything that makes noise at the cost of increased heat or loss of power.

OP
OP
Cry16

Cry16

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16 Turbo CVT
Country flag
SRI will definitely be your loudest option but (there's always a but) they will heat soak more than the stock airbox.
Heat soak is just make it hot right? Anyway to make it not heat soak?
Also, I see that you use Ktuner. Should I get v1.2 or v2? I can change tunes while driving with the v2? Was also considering Hondata but idk :( found both for about $350 used

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Heat soak is just make it hot right? Anyway to make it not heat soak?
Also, I see that you use Ktuner. Should I get v1.2 or v2? I can change tunes while driving with the v2? Was also considering Hondata but idk :( found both for about $350 used
I'll tell you the trick of making an SRI not heat soak. Buy a CAI instead. :cool:

Both the V1.2 and V2 are capable of changing tunes on the fly. V2 has a 5" touchscreen and can upload tunes without needing a laptop.

OP
OP
Cry16

Cry16

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16 Turbo CVT
Country flag
I'll tell you the trick of making an SRI not heat soak. Buy a CAI instead. :cool:

Both the V1.2 and V2 are capable of changing tunes on the fly. V2 has a 5" touchscreen and can upload tunes without needing a laptop.
Probably gonna get a used v1.2 is there anything i should know about buying used? Def gonna look into buying a CAI
Sponsored