2.0 Engine and Cold Air Intake

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No google results for either of those, at least on my machine. Just some DC Fandom wiki stuff and Kevin Thomas the transportation manager.
Looks like something's changed with the Google search algorithms. I'm not seeing them anymore either. I'd have provide links to the specific sites (Rav4world, FitFreak, BMW Forums, NASIOC, etc) and links now.

I'm not saying that full bolts on with a tune won't make power. That's foolish. I'm saying that just dropping a "Cold air intake" into a car with no tune makes no difference.
I agree!

What do you mean you "Provide timeslips better than TypeRs"? Is that with full bolt ons and a tune? Cause that's not what anyone is disputing.
What I mean is that I'd find few people that would say an intake different than stock would provide no gains or very little. I'd make an intake and show dyno results and they say that it isn't a significant of horsepower. Then say, I'd provide a timeslip to show that despite an intake not making any significant horsepower, it'd move the slower car as fast as a car that they'd normally say makes a significant amount of power. The the discussion becomes silent. That has been the case on a few cars I've had on other platforms. That has been the case with the 1.5ltr (My 'slower'/lower hp/tq 1.5ltr can equal a Type R in straight line). And I'm saying that I think the same would be the case with the 2.0ltr NA (What we are talking about here). A few basic modifications will have the car sprinting as fast a vehicle with more horsepower.
Sponsored

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks guys, that’s what I thought when i was thinking logically about it, since it’s just different air filter, not different intake system, but wanted to confirm from someone more experienced.

Well then problem ‚solved’ - I’ll save money for KTuner, maybe then I’ll get CAI and some new exhaust system but that’s most likely after my warranty ends, for now the car - as my daily drive to work and back - works perfectly fine, sometimes lacks some power on highway but I’m having fun especially with ‚fake’ manual mode (paddle shifters) - passing other cars on higher rev makes me smile, and that what counts ??
If you want to make your car more fun the best thing you can do is get a real exhaust system. Do not let some Bozo on here tell you a “muffler delete, or whatever” sounds good because it doesn’t.