AEM Cold Air Intake for 2.0L Thoughts

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Past few days getting a solid 6* above ambient while driving. Heat insulation comes in tomorrow. hopefully have time to wrap intake.
Just got mine done this afternoon. I haven't had time to datalog to see if there were any changes though.

Honda Civic 10th gen AEM Cold Air Intake for 2.0L Thoughts ima
Sponsored

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came in last night.. (literally dropped right in)

Honda Civic 10th gen AEM Cold Air Intake for 2.0L Thoughts CivicKN

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Here's my video of my k&n air filter
Induction noise is louder in real life ... Engine tone is noticeably deeper with the k&n air filter

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone comment on the filtering efficiency of the drop-in K&N filter? I'm reading arguments online that the filter's increase in air flow is a result of more porous material = poorer particle filtering. That and the cleaning process needs to be done carefully in that if you over-oil it the mass air flow sensor gets blocked.

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone comment on the filtering efficiency of the drop-in K&N filter? I'm reading arguments online that the filter's increase in air flow is a result of more porous material = poorer particle filtering. That and the cleaning process needs to be done carefully in that if you over-oil it the mass air flow sensor gets blocked.
Just in case someone comes across this post in the future, it seems for the most part that the negative claims about oil on the MAF are anecdotal and could come from a number of different unrelated problems. Link to K&N video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6moItrZNg&t=104s

Also, I've had the filter in for about two weeks now and I can definitely notice an improved throttle response. Fuel efficiency seems noticeably better though there are too many variables at the moment to say for sure. Think I made a good choice.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got mine done this afternoon. I haven't had time to datalog to see if there were any changes though.

image.jpeg
Did you do the throttle body coolant delete yet?