19 Hatch suspension upgrades

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
So, how do I go about getting this thing to handle as close to an Si as possible? I'm thinking some type of lowering spring, Type R subframe brace (already bought), Type R rmm, Si/Type R rear sway bar, front strut bar. I know the steering will never feel the same and I don't want a tune anywhere near these weak ass rods, so I wanna focus mainly on handling. Anything I'm missing?

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 Hatch suspension upgrades 20220903_180958
Sponsored

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't forget good performance tires.
I think the car came with Falkens on it, if I remember correctly. Not sure if those are OEM or not. But yeah, prob not performance oriented lol.

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
So, how do I go about getting this thing to handle as close to an Si as possible? I'm thinking some type of lowering spring, Type R subframe brace (already bought), Type R rmm, Si/Type R rear sway bar, front strut bar. I know the steering will never feel the same and I don't want a tune anywhere near these weak ass rods, so I wanna focus mainly on handling. Anything I'm missing?

20220903_180958.jpg
cant you upgrade the rods?

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
cant you upgrade the rods?
I mean I COULD but upgrading the engine is an expensive can of worms i don't want to open lol. Not for a sport hatch. Just a few hundred on things I could DIY in my back yard on the weekends.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Camber arms for the rear, anti lift kit for the front, lighter wheels, good performance tires, maybe an SI ft/rr brake upgrade with stoptech street pads if you don't plan on a BBK.

A ktuner wouldn't be close to the rod's limits on this engine, even with FBO minus a turbo upgrade you should be ok, the clutch might not be though. I've been on a 16/21 psi tune since the car had 5k mi, currently at 70k and no engine issues.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Also the SI brakes should be a bolt on if you get the backing plates. From what I read the calipers have the bolt holes set differently to account for the bigger discs, front and back. Planning on maybe doing it once my current winter tires are worn out since you can't go under 17" after that. Also get the SI braided brake lines if you do it as the end of the lines on the calipers are not bent the same. The hatch lines bolt up but they're a bit tight.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Camber arms for the rear, anti lift kit for the front, lighter wheels, good performance tires, maybe an SI ft/rr brake upgrade with stoptech street pads if you don't plan on a BBK.

A ktuner wouldn't be close to the rod's limits on this engine, even with FBO minus a turbo upgrade you should be ok, the clutch might not be though. I've been on a 16/21 psi tune since the car had 5k mi, currently at 70k and no engine issues.
Not willing to take the gamble on a tune, at least not till warranty is up. but I'll def look into all those other upgrades. great ideas! I miss my Si and really wanna get this FK7 to be somewhat as fun. Thank god I was lucky enough to find the only one 6MT for sale in my area lol. These seem to be pretty rare.

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I have those mods plus the Whiteline Anti Lift Kit. The lift kit makes steering heavier/sharper, where you can feel the road more. Less wheel hop and more grip with the ALK.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have those mods plus the Whiteline Anti Lift Kit. The lift kit makes steering heavier/sharper, where you can feel the road more. Less wheel hop and more grip with the ALK.
nice! had no idea what an anti lift kit even was until now. Wish there was a tune where I could get the car to 200hp/200trq, still have a little more fun but not worry about any extra wear and tear on the engine/clutch.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
could probably get a custom tune to run 200ft-lbs and 200whp from someone. If the tune goes to 260 you can tune out some torque for sure.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
nice! had no idea what an anti lift kit even was until now. Wish there was a tune where I could get the car to 200hp/200trq, still have a little more fun but not worry about any extra wear and tear on the engine/clutch.
Im pretty sure the OTS tunes that you can get with the k-tuner get you there. Or pretty darn close at least.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
gets you over 200lbs is the problem. Stock hatch should be about 185 whp and 200tq from most stock dyno runs I've seen. If you want more power and stay at the same torque is when you need a custom tune.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah from what I've read, even the base Ktuner tunes put you at 240+ torque and I'm just not comfortable with that until the car is paid off in a year or so. For now, i'll focus on the handling which was also a big part of the fun of owning an Si. I also threw on a Mishimoto hot air intake I had laying around from my 2017 hatch, but I quickly took it off after noticing a pretty big dip in low-end torque. also, sounded like ass compared to the Mishimoto I had on my Si. Sounded way better on the Si for some reason.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You can install Si springs on a hatchback.
Sponsored