Planning a robust exterior cosmetic change

Deleted member

Love my 2020 SI Sedan, don't love the rear end. I spoke with College Hills Honda, and although they can't ship the parts, they confirmed what I intend to do.

Swap the SI bumper for the Sport bumper, as well as the Sport trunk. I like the clean lines of that trim.

Not sure if the Sport has a rear deck tail light. It's part of the spoiler on the SI. I'll have to look into a solution.

I've found an aftermarket bumper cover without the trim for under $80. I also plan to check local junkyards for OEM. Perhaps I'll even find them in Modern Steel Metallic, undamaged.

For the front and sides, I'm adding the OEM ralleye front spoiler and pre-painted side skirts.

Going to be a moderately priced chore, but I think the car will look amazing.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You've got the new re-styled vents and you still don't like it?

OP
OP

Deleted member

You've got the new re-styled vents and you still don't like it?
I don't. They're are a big, contrasty eyesore. Odd shape, weird placement, breaks all flow of the contours of the car in my opinion.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Personally, I would have gone with the Si coupe rear bumper so the exhaust still fits in nicely. Are you getting an aftermarket exhaust as well?

OP
OP

Deleted member

Personally, I would have gone with the Si coupe rear bumper so the exhaust still fits in nicely. Are you getting an aftermarket exhaust as well?
I checked out the SI coupe, unfortunately it doesn't match the rear body panels and tail lights. I think the coupe implements the "vents" really well, and I would've chosen it if possible.

The Sport uses the same trapezoidal exhaust tip in the center, so accomadating the stock SI exhaust isn't an issue.

Yes, eventually a Greddy SP system.

Last edited by a moderator:

forum_user

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 fz-07
Country flag
I checked out the SI coupe, unfortunately it doesn't match the rear body panels and tail lights. I think the coupe implements the "vents" really well, and I would've chosen it if possible.

The Sport uses the same trapezoidal exhaust tip in the center, so accomadating the stock SI exhaust isn't an issue.

The civic sport’s trapezoidal exhaust tip is actually not as wide as the si’s if I remember correctly. Might be worth looking into

OP
OP

Deleted member

The civic sport’s trapezoidal exhaust tip is actually not as wide as the si’s if I remember correctly. Might be worth looking into
Will do. At least the area immediately surrounding it is soft poly, which can be easily trimmed if necessary.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

The new Sport exhaust is NOT the same as the Si. It's slightly smaller. You can see how it's narrower than the license plate in this pic and how the Si one is wider than the license plate.

Honda Civic 10th gen Planning a robust exterior cosmetic change cu-5

Honda Civic 10th gen Planning a robust exterior cosmetic change 20200217_172337

OP
OP

Deleted member

The new Sport exhaust is NOT the same as the Si. It's slightly smaller. You can see how it's narrower than the license plate in this pic and how the Si one is wider than the license plate.

cu-5.jpg

20200217_172337.jpg
Great feedback! I've seen them on the highway, I guess it was hard to gauge. However, it really won't take much to make it fit.

Even in your pics, Sport bumper is much nicer!

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Apart from diffuser area I don't like anything in sport variant. Yes, coupe rear bumper is way better and type R is also great

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Si coupe cannot fit sedan
Sponsored