SO - What's the single WORST feature of your Civicx?

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
3) YOU CAN'T LOCK THE D*MN CAR WHILE IT IS RUNNING. This is the single most infuriating feature of this car, and I just don't understand the reasoning behind it, especially given that, once started, the car can actually be driven without the fob. Grr.
Agree. I used to start my Chevrolet and lock it while it ran. Hate that you cant do this with the Civic.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
Agree. I used to start my Chevrolet and lock it while it ran. Hate that you cant do this with the Civic.
You can! Just press the lock button twice then remote start it.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Notice a lot of posts indicating that they let the car warm up for various periods up to a half hour, this is not a particularly good practice, it does contribute to oil dilution and other issues. I generally start the car, let the idle naturally drop to the first step (about a minute) then drive off gently, this lets everything, engine, transmission, etc, warm up at the same rate. Easier on the car. The 0w-20 oil provides excellent flow when cold, no need for extended warmup.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Do fake vents count as a feature? It's the only part of my Civic that I don't love.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
While I could say any of the following:
Fake vents
Software based HVAC controls
Less boost delivered stock than advertising proclaims
All season tires are horrible in snow/ice
Audio quality from factory is not great and ability to adjust isn't much better

The worst thing is being associated with the average Honda enthusiast. This is my first Honda and I bought it because they are reliable as hell and hold their value reasonably well. But coming from multiple enthusiast forums for other makes I can say there is a large amount of ridicule for Honda enthusiasts. Not all of it is deserved but much of it is. I see many people charging into things with little to zero research.

Or maybe I am wrong and the worst issue really is the fake vents.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
It's not my biggest complaint and not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I dislike the sound system/radio shutting off when the car engine is shut off. Many times a nice tune is playing when I get to my destination and I need to leave the car running until song is over. Small gripe

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Yes, even Ford allows the radio & power Windows to work for 10 minutes or so after shutdown, Honda gives you the windows, but not the radio. You have to shut down and then go to "Aux" mode which takes 10-15 seconds for the Infotainment to re-boot. Kinda dumb, cause it's probably just software.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Yes, even Ford allows the radio & power Windows to work for 10 minutes or so after shutdown, Honda gives you the windows, but not the radio. You have to shut down and then go to "Aux" mode which takes 10-15 seconds for the Infotainment to re-boot. Kinda dumb, cause it's probably just software.
That's right. My ford winter shit beater keeps powering the radio when engine is turned off. But our Mazda CX5 cuts power same as the Si. Maybe it's a Japanese thing?

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Now that its winter, and I'm warming my car up in the morning, a couple of things:
1) The remote starter is fairly weak. I park no more than 30 feet from the front of my house, but half the time it won't work through the window, I have to open my front door to get the car to start.
2) It boggles the mind that I can't set the defroster to come on via remote start. The reason I want to run in the first place is to defrost the windshield. Which means I would have to go out and actually start the car and turn on the defroster and seat heaters, which I would begrudgingly do, except...
3) YOU CAN'T LOCK THE D*MN CAR WHILE IT IS RUNNING. This is the single most infuriating feature of this car, and I just don't understand the reasoning behind it, especially given that, once started, the car can actually be driven without the fob. Grr.
You're definitely preaching to the choir with this. Competitors like Chevy, Hyundai and Toyota let you do this through a smartphone app. Hopefully this will be addressed with the next-gen Civic.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can! Just press the lock button twice then remote start it.
You only need to click the lock button once then hold the start button until the red light flashes on the key fob.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have a remote start...
I wonder how they haven't been able to have remote engine start on the manuals like the Si and the Type R standard. (completely understand with the lower trims like the LX and the hatchback sport since they are entry level)...yet it's an option to install at the dealer?

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
That's right. My ford winter shit beater keeps powering the radio when engine is turned off. But our Mazda CX5 cuts power same as the Si. Maybe it's a Japanese thing?
My 17 coupe ex-l keeps the power on. It may be a design change due to the small battery. I really have no idea why it would be different for different models.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
You only need to click the lock button once then hold the start button until the red light flashes on the key fob.
I press it twice to activate smart entry because I love just grabbing the handle and getting in
Sponsored