Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
Also, if it's hot in your car, and it's hot outside, would it really make that big of a difference?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As someone who has lived in the Southern US my entire life rolling the windows down allows you to vent the summer heat as you are walking up to the car instead of getting blasted by 130+ degree air when you open the car door, on a sunny 90+ degree day there is at least a 40 degree difference between inside and outside if the car has sat closed up in the sun. I had this system added via an aftermarket alarm in one of my old Accords and I would use it damn near DAILY during the summer if I was getting off work while the sun was out.

And why on Earth do they not include a feature to automatically wind them back up without having to get in and start the car?
Technically they do but it's the WORST possible implementation, you have to remove the key from the FOB and stick it in the door and turn and hold the key, the system on my aftermarket setup from my old accord you simply unlocked and then locked again and they would roll up all the way, there was none of this half down nonsense, it was either all the way down or all the way up.
Sponsored

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly.. All your fault for keeping a key fob in your back pocket.
Man I don't get how people can stand to have shit poking them in the ass all day long, back pockets are stupid.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I live in south west Florida and I use this feature all the time especially in the summer

TurboNoises

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic VTi-L - 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
I guess Honda didn't see a need to enable this feature in the US? I can roll my windows up and down using just my key fob. Double tap and hold unlock to roll down and double tap and hold lock to roll up.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I guess Honda didn't see a need to enable this feature in the US? I can roll my windows up and down using just my key fob. Double tap and hold unlock to roll down and double tap and hold lock to roll up.
I'll be they think is Americans are too stupid and didn't give us the up feature on the fob lol

Carplaymodder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
If you guys have trouble with accidentally putting your windows down because of the fob. Buy a fob protector that covers the buttons. It will be substantially harder to accidentally do that. Also it protects your fob and gives some style. I got this on amazon for $15.
Honda Civic 10th gen The most useless, annoying feature in the history of automotive technology C572093C-FABD-4118-9EEF-31D05D4E9EB8

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
My parent 2004 Mercedes can open AND CLOSE remotly the windows. Never understood we I can't in my 2018 :crazy:

1- Security ; you could have children in your car, with arm or head in the window.:doh:

2- Civic are a low budget car

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
1- Security ; you could have children in your car, with arm or head in the window.:doh:

Your second point is irrelevant, the civicx in other global markets has remote roll up. It's solely a USDM issue.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

My aftermarket alarm I had installed on my first 94 Accord more then a decade ago was "1 touch" you hit the key press and as soon as they started to go down you let go and they would go all the way down without having to be held the whole time and you wanted them to go up you simply re-arm the alarm and bam they all roll up, if something was caught in the window path they would stop, much like how a garage door can tell if something is pinned under it the windows could tell and would reverse and open back up, if the universal system piggybacked on the stock window control system with no extra sensors on the windows could do this there is no reason the factory couldn't do it, hell the tech already exists in the car, it's simply a matter of Honda choosing NOT to make it an option on US cars.
Sponsored