What is the fastest you've gone in your CivicX?

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
What is the fastest you've taken the CivicX?

The fastest I've gone was on a trip last weekend, going to 185 km/h. I wanted to see if I could hit 200 km/h, however, at 185 km/h the car seems to be swaying a lot and I didn't feel safe (don't want the car to end up sending me off the road at that speed).

And I've never been able to get the revs up to 5000, the most is 4500 rpm.

I have seen Youtube videos of guys going 200 km/h in the car in a short distance, I wonder how they did it without freaking out.

The car seems quite stable up until about 160 km/h. I'm sure if it was a windy day (it wasn't), it might be different story.
212kph and it felt like it was running out of jam.
Sponsored

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I have only gotten to 90 MPH accidentally. I was cruising on the highway, and there were some cars leapfrogging each other. Well I was overtaking someone and my wife said I was going 90, so I backed off to a reasonable 75 :) Found a Youtube video of a Civic on an autobahn - it hit 230 KMH (limited) or 142 MPH. Be safe out there guys - high speed only on a closed track!

CDub_1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L Navi, 1995 Accord EX-L
Country flag
Me and a random stranger in a recently new Accord coupe were dipping at about 120 on the deserted backroads for about a 5 mile stretch once. I usually don’t drive that fast but my car was begging to strutted out that day so I said why not. The roads were flat and visibility was perfect so the conditions were very safe, no traffic to speak of so here we were, two random Honda drivers just cruising for a few miles, it was a good rush but I don’t think I’d do it again.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Personally, I'm never a fan of 'S' because all it does is just simulate shifts imo.
Not sure is it the same in the Sedan touring, but in mine (HB sport CVT withe peddle shifter), the car hold the rev and keep the turbo spinning in "S" mode. The car is notable faster.
Yeah, I didn't realize what "S" actually did on its own until I resisted the urge to paddle-shift. It's crazy -- it stays in the upper rev range for more power, and keeps it there for more response when you want to modulate the throttle.

Once I tap the paddles, it goes to "manual" mode and doesn't revert back unless I switch the lever to "D" and back to "S".

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I didn't realize what "S" actually did on its own until I resisted the urge to paddle-shift. It's crazy -- it stays in the upper rev range for more power, and keeps it there for more response when you want to modulate the throttle.

Once I tap the paddles, it goes to "manual" mode and doesn't revert back unless I switch the lever to "D" and back to "S".
Yeah I have a Sedan Touring which means 'S' is pretty much the same with D. S is good for fast acceleration but once you hit that high, the difference between S and D is pretty thin because the RPM's are already near peak torque RPM (5500). With paddles, you can only play with the gears in 'S' to the point you'll just stop because the power does taper off after 5500 and you can only go so high in gears. ;) Plus yall heavy af so it turns out the same. :headbang::headbang:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I have a Sedan Touring which means 'S' is pretty much the same with D. S is good for fast acceleration but once you hit that high, the difference between S and D is pretty thin because the RPM's are already near peak torque RPM (5500).
The difference between D and S is more evident when coming off the throttle, then braking and/or turning. In D, the revs come right down and the CVT adjusts to a taller ratio; in S, the revs stay higher, and the car is ready to shit n' git out of the corner.

With paddles, you can only play with the gears in 'S' to the point you'll just stop because the power does taper off after 5500 and you can only go so high in gears. ;) Plus yall heavy af so it turns out the same. :headbang::headbang:
:D

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
I went from 80mph->100mph on a divided highway pretty easily, 6th gear on my 6MT. Car felt stable and glued to the road the whole time. I backed it off cause I'm not as young as I used to be and it was a busy stretch of road.

When I was a kid I did 110mph for 110 miles in a '93 Chevy Corsica, that car was a bit nervous at speed.

Fastest I've ever hit was 135mph in my old cadillac, the car still had tons left to give but I had iffy tires and didn't want to wrap a tree.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If your car gets nervous at high speed, check the alignment and wheel balance first. If it's old enough, the suspension bushings may be wearing out.

Of course, I'm assuming that the road surface is of good quality, too -- in the USA, this means "best road you've ever seen"; in Germany, this means "typical German highways". :p

I mentioned a Ford Transit passenger van earlier. This was actually two different vans which we rented in two different trips. The second one had a slight shimmy from the rear (probably an imbalanced wheel), and prompted my mom to lean forward and ask how fast we were going. "Uh, about 155 kilometers an hour, it says." She doesn't understand kilometers, so she asked how fast it was in miles per hour. I lied through my teeth and told her it was about 75 mph. (yeahright)

Jenna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, CRV and First Gen xB
107 - It seemed to love going fast. I'd like to try to go even faster, but with a class A CDL and all, I probably shouldn't, lol. During my test drive, I got up to 90 without even realizing it. Damn, my car likes to be fast!

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
186kph. Long, very straight, flat, wide highway section without traffic. The car felt syable enough during, though I'm sure the tires didn't like it.

Once was enough for me.

Tafester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic TypeR
Country flag
What is the fastest you've taken the CivicX?

The fastest I've gone was on a trip last weekend, going to 185 km/h. I wanted to see if I could hit 200 km/h, however, at 185 km/h the car seems to be swaying a lot and I didn't feel safe (don't want the car to end up sending me off the road at that speed).

And I've never been able to get the revs up to 5000, the most is 4500 rpm.

I have seen Youtube videos of guys going 200 km/h in the car in a short distance, I wonder how they did it without freaking out.

The car seems quite stable up until about 160 km/h. I'm sure if it was a windy day (it wasn't), it might be different story.

I've hit 235km/h with my 2017 Civic Si with a hondata flashpro @+9psi and it got there with ease...
Sponsored