What little tips and tricks do you know?

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Kind of a funny one but if you are viewing a picture in the gallery you can hit the menu button and get options like edit/crop/USE FILTERS

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 integra, 2012 benz c300, Honda civic 2016 WOP touring
I didn't know that, lol nice

ThrillHill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you put a strip of duct tape on the inside of the rear bumper along the bottom of the fake vent thing, it will help to prevent those ugly drips of dirt that appear on rainy days. I tried it only on the right side to see if it would make a difference and it really seemed to help. I might try a more permanent seal after seeing how well it works:

Honda Civic 10th gen What little tips and tricks do you know? tape-trick-for-bumper

Clear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Not the exact same keyfob but looks close enough, so I assume access will be the same.
You don't even have to use a pry tool like that to pop it open; I had success just wedging the tip of physical key in between those two plastic pieces and angling the key to pry them apart. Pops right open nicely.

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
A video of how you can quick Mute your stereo using the slider/gesture on the steering wheel.

This is actually pretty tough to master. I have to swipe a couple times almost every time to get it to work. At that point, it would have been easier to hit the mute button on the touchscreen.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It take some getting used to but its not too bad...

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is actually pretty tough to master. I have to swipe a couple times almost every time to get it to work. At that point, it would have been easier to hit the mute button on the touchscreen.
I can pretty much do it every time now. Make sure you swipe all the way from the top to the bottom. If you start swiping with your thumb above the top notch, and end below the bottom notch, it's pretty reliable.

Dean_TO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
I can pretty much do it every time now. Make sure you swipe all the way from the top to the bottom. If you start swiping with your thumb above the top notch, and end below the bottom notch, it's pretty reliable.
I only have 1 complaint about this, when the steering wheel is straight I can do it no problem, but sometime I go through the Tim Hortons drive through and my steering wheel is turned to the rgiht and it is hard to get my thumb to bend the way it needs to to mute from the steering wheel. I think I almost dislocated my thumb one time trying to do it when the steering wheel was turned. #FirstWorldProblems

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only have 1 complaint about this, when the steering wheel is straight I can do it no problem, but sometime I go through the Tim Hortons drive through and my steering wheel is turned to the rgiht and it is hard to get my thumb to bend the way it needs to to mute from the steering wheel. I think I almost dislocated my thumb one time trying to do it when the steering wheel was turned. #FirstWorldProblems
You can do the same quick swipe down with the infotainment volume control and mutes the same way.

Dean_TO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
You can do the same quick swipe down with the infotainment volume control and mutes the same way.
I have not mastered that one yet. As soon as I touch the area the volume widget pops up and I just hit mute from there

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I hate that! Just gotta geeeetttt timiesssss lol

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have not mastered that one yet. As soon as I touch the area the volume widget pops up and I just hit mute from there
The infotainment quick swipe is actually pretty reliable. Whaterver works for us.
Sponsored