Anyone Know What These Are For/Do ?

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I wasn’t sure how to search it.

These little plastic tabs on both sides just in front of the rear wheels, at first I thought they were jack points, but they are just flimsy plastic. Any ideas ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone Know What These Are For/Do ? 3_AB18_ADD-574_F-4_DD1-_ACA8-04085978_FED4

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone Know What These Are For/Do ? DF4_A5_DA5-_CD8_D-4_F81-872_F-51016_DB71121

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't know, but I had to remove them to get my car up on ramps.. Three screws, so I just put them back when I was done.

OP
OP
solar

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
They must have a purpose ! :confused:

I haven’t looked on other Civics yet, but I wonder if it’s a dealer prep goof ?

I bought my car with the white plastic still on it and all the spongy side door panel thingys, maybe the dealer didn’t complete the new car prep ?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just noticed your pic is of the rear, I have those as well as the ones on the front.

OP
OP
solar

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Interesting link. Though from what I saw, it has more to do with the front end of the car ?

I find it hard to believe that those little flaps on my car help with the aero ? Maybe they do ?

Funny how none of us knows what their real purpose is.

We do know. It’s Aero.

Derangedcorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Interesting link. Though from what I saw, it has more to do with the front end of the car ?

I find it hard to believe that those little flaps on my car help with the aero ? Maybe they do ?

Funny how none of us knows what their real purpose is.
hwat

It says the purpose right in the article and shows you the differences between having too large and too small of a deflector. It's mainly for the front because most of the undercarriage drag is there but manufacturers add it to the back because there's still some there.

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't know, but I had to remove them to get my car up on ramps.. Three screws, so I just put them back when I was done.
Wait what tool did you use ? If I’m not mistaken you can’t take those out with a regular screw driver. At least not mine.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So many people rip them off, Im about to try it. I’d it works you’re a hero ha .
Lol, I'm not sure why they would use different fasteners, but mine were Just plain hex head screws. If it wasn't a ten, it was a 12, but it was definately a plain old socket :)

nouseformonkeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord
hwat

It says the purpose right in the article and shows you the differences between having too large and too small of a deflector. It's mainly for the front because most of the undercarriage drag is there but manufacturers add it to the back because there's still some there.
Someone on here posted a video of him putting on some side aero skirts and he drilled those bolts off because they interfered with the kit.
Sponsored