bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Would a sedan strut bar fit a hatchback? I just want to be 100% sure before I get one. I'm looking at this ultra racing strut bar on ebay, and not sure if it's going to fit my 2017 civic hatchback ex-l cvt. the seller doesn't know and says that it only fits the "Honda Civic FC 2WD 1.5T 1.8 (2016)." That's pretty much the title of the listing :/ thanks in advance!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Safety-Bar...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649
Sponsored

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Would a sedan strut bar fit a hatchback? I just want to be 100% sure before I get one. I'm looking at this ultra racing strut bar on ebay, and not sure if it's going to fit my 2017 civic hatchback ex-l cvt. the seller doesn't know and says that it only fits the "Honda Civic FC 2WD 1.5T 1.8 (2016)." That's pretty much the title of the listing :/ thanks in advance!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Safety-Bar-UR-Front-Strut-Honda-Civic-FC-2WD-1-5T-1-8-2016-URTH-TW2-3520/253475346800?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649
Ive been asking a lot recently too. I was watching this one below. Same part number as the ultra racing website BUT the website has a -1 at the end of the part number. I asked the seller when it was available the last few days and got no response. Sh%% is getting way to confusing to order anything for this damn NON SPORT NON TOURING hatchback haha Nut I did manage just order a AF Dynamic intake with the 15% off coupon ebay was running until 10p tonight so got $25 off the $159!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UR-Vehicle...FC-2WD-1-5T-1-8-16-URTH-TW2-3520/253652802603

Edit: I'll answer my own question haha

Honda Civic 10th gen ultra racing strut bar Strut bar.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunbao

bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ive been asking a lot recently too. I was watching this one below. Same part number as the ultra racing website BUT the website has a -1 at the end of the part number. I asked the seller when it was available the last few days and got no response. Sh%% is getting way to confusing to order anything for this damn NON SPORT NON TOURING hatchback haha Nut I did manage just order a AF Dynamic intake with the 15% off coupon ebay was running until 10p tonight so got $25 off the $159!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UR-Vehicle...FC-2WD-1-5T-1-8-16-URTH-TW2-3520/253652802603
haha so youre the one who ordered that last one! i was eyeing on that one too :/

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fits 100%. I have hatchback sport and it bolts on directly without any difficulty.
I did remove the OEM black strut plate though, I dont think it's needed.

OP
OP
bunbao

bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fits 100%. I have hatchback sport and it bolts on directly without any difficulty.
thank you!

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im actually curious, never put a strutbar onto a car before: Do you even notice much of a difference in regular day to day cornering since 100% of my time is NOT spent on a race track with long sweeping corners?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im actually curious, never put a strutbar onto a car before: Do you even notice much of a difference in regular day to day cornering since 100% of my time is NOT spent on a race track with long sweeping corners?
I have the Ultra racing Strut Bar and the Si rear sway bar. I don't drive track, however, I do a lot of highway driving and notice a big difference on the ramps. I can take clover leaf ramp rated at 30 mph, doing 55 and not feel as if my car is going to slide off the ramp. I slide in my seat but not the car. I do think it has more to do with the sway bar, but combined my car feels great!

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I like this strut bar a lot. Only thing that sucks is it covers the brake/clutch master cylinder, so you gotta take off the bar to get to it. Otherwise, the stiffness is noticeable and its the only single piece strut bar out there. Holds real firm in the engine bay.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Could you have left the strut plate in place? Any difference in handling?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Since I've used one piece strut bars on my last few cars I feel like a strut bar pro. And yes it is noticeable day to day. Because front end geometry is more stable, the car just feels tighter. Quick lane changes feel noticeably more solid. Even the steering feels more "precise". Throw on a bigger rear sway to take care of body roll, and you have a nice balanced ride.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since I've used one piece strut bars on my last few cars I feel like a strut bar pro. And yes it is noticeable day to day. Because front end geometry is more stable, the car just feels tighter. Quick lane changes feel noticeably more solid. Even the steering feels more "precise". Throw on a bigger rear sway to take care of body roll, and you have a nice balanced ride.
After installing the Si springs there is still a bit of side to side wobble when cornering.
Would the strut bar help with that?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have an Si but my EX-L felt a bit "weebly wobbly" in those quick left right transitions. The Ultra Racing bar tightened things up nicely.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have an Si but my EX-L felt a bit "weebly wobbly" in those quick left right transitions. The Ultra Racing bar tightened things up nicely.
Thanks man, sounds great. Hope I'm not setting my expectation too high.
Ordered one!
Sponsored