First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
#1288 Checking in. 2nd gear grinds occurred at 500 miles, 1,200 miles and now again at 1,500 miles on the odometer. All happened when shifting between 4,000-5,500 RPM.

Hoping we get to a resolution quickly.
Sponsored

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
#706, happened for me really early. Cant remember exactly, but it was before 600 miles. Car now has 1500 on it and it hasn't happened again.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
#1288 Checking in. 2nd gear grinds occurred at 500 miles, 1,200 miles and now again at 1,500 miles on the odometer. All happened when shifting between 4,000-5,500 RPM.
LOL I'm #1292 and had it only once at 300 miles and currently at over 2,000 miles...crazy the difference in 4 number plaques away

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
happened to me twice this past weekend...both times occurred while I was finishing my turn (for some dumb reason I've decided to downshift while make right/left turns). question: is there a correlation between the clutch hydraulic system and the steering hydraulic system? or is the steering system completely electric now?

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
happened to me twice this past weekend...both times occurred while I was finishing my turn (for some dumb reason I've decided to downshift while make right/left turns). question: is there a correlation between the clutch hydraulic system and the steering hydraulic system? or is the steering system completely electric now?
steering is all electronic

Gfrank

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan GTR 2017 Honda Type R 1989 Porsche C4
Country flag
steering is all electronic

I see more people checking in with this issue. There is definitely a problem occurring here. I thought about taking it in for a second test drive with the head mechanic at the dealership. Don't think it will make a difference though because the issue is intermittent.. What do you think?

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see more people checking in with this issue. There is definitely a problem occurring here. I thought about taking it in for a second test drive with the head mechanic at the dealership. Don't think it will make a difference though because the issue is intermittent.. What do you think?
i honestly don't have a good answer for you man, you know as well as i do how random it is and nearly impossible to make it happen it would seem. the only thing i can recommend as ive said before take it in and explain whats happening and get them to start a "techline case" the more recorded problems they see on this subject the more likely we will eventually get some answers

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sadly I am here to report the same issue as well shifting from first to second with a hard crunching getting it into second.. :(
sorry to hear that buddy, how many miles? and other other information you have about when it happened is helpful. im keeping all this info handy because ive been talking with techline about it

Gfrank

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan GTR 2017 Honda Type R 1989 Porsche C4
Country flag
sorry to hear that buddy, how many miles? and other other information you have about when it happened is helpful. im keeping all this info handy because ive been talking with techline about it

What does your tech line tell you?

ALopez14

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 2011 Honda Pilot 2002 Acura RSX Type S 1997 Honda CRV
Country flag
When I saw this thread, I laughed. Back in 2001, I purchased a 2002 Acura RSX Type S. After about a week, I noticed that there was a "notchiness" shifting into second gear. I went to the dealer and they said, "its just the nature of the beast." I went online, and found a forum called ClubRSX. Lo and behold, there was a thread, just like this one, with everyone asking about 2nd gear. Unfortunately, its just the nature of the beast. I still have the car. It never went away. I put a Revo short shifter in it, that helped ease it. I noticed in the cold, it was worse. Some people said to make sure you pull straight back, and that should help.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
When I saw this thread, I laughed. Back in 2001, I purchased a 2002 Acura RSX Type S. After about a week, I noticed that there was a "notchiness" shifting into second gear. I went to the dealer and they said, "its just the nature of the beast." I went online, and found a forum called ClubRSX. Lo and behold, there was a thread, just like this one, with everyone asking about 2nd gear. Unfortunately, its just the nature of the beast. I still have the car. It never went away. I put a Revo short shifter in it, that helped ease it. I noticed in the cold, it was worse. Some people said to make sure you pull straight back, and that should help.
yea, had the same issue with my 07 SI...car still lasted 100 something thousand miles, so no biggie there.

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What does your tech line tell you?
they didnt have any real useful information for me at the time, just instructed me to check the obvious things such as trans fluid level, clutch pedal height and free play, etc. but i have an open case and they want me to let them know if i find anything. but being its so random not much to go off of.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
they didnt have any real useful information for me at the time, just instructed me to check the obvious things such as trans fluid level, clutch pedal height and free play, etc. but i have an open case and they want me to let them know if i find anything. but being its so random not much to go off of.
I'm still loving this car tho... :D

ALopez14

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 2011 Honda Pilot 2002 Acura RSX Type S 1997 Honda CRV
Country flag
The odd thing is that all reviews compliment how smooth the shifter is in the CTR.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.