New Accord getting the engine the Si SHOULD have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Mine already spins all the way through first. Rolling into the throttle in 2nd will spin the tires hard. Not sure how I could make use of 60 more HP in a FWD platform.
You can make use of 60 more hp. Even more then 60. Motor mounts, hondata traction control, meaty sticky tires. Boost by gear helps too. Also HP is not what really causes traction issues.. its torque.
Sponsored

OP
OP

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Mine already spins all the way through first. Rolling into the throttle in 2nd will spin the tires hard. Not sure how I could make use of 60 more HP in a FWD platform.
My this logic the Type-R with 101hp more would be totally unusable.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
The R comes with gumball tires too. Even so the 5.5 0-60 run is obviously traction limited. A WRX will corn-hole it to 60 with 40 less horsepower and more weight.

Psy-q

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BRZ Spor-tech manual.
See GTI/GLI, Focus ST.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
GTI and ST did the same thing on my test drives. The ST combines that with wheel-hop. The ST was much more fun than the GTI despite being slower. It does have that "character" thing everyone keeps going on about. :)

Last edited:

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
GTI and ST did the same thing on my test drives. The ST combines that with wheel-hop. The ST was much more fun than the GTI despite being slower. It does have that "character" thing everyone keeps going on about. :)
It sure does. I've driven a few Focus STs, and despite its flaws, I love it. In my experience, few modern cars have a rowdy, mischievous personality like the Focus ST. And yet, it has little road noise and decent ride quality -- both similar to my TSX. The ST might actually be quieter on the highway.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
Maybe you just need to change your technique.
If you don't know how to properly launch a manual transmission car, you could spin the tires in 1st with 120hp...

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Maybe you just need to change your technique.
If you don't know how to properly launch a manual transmission car, you could spin the tires in 1st with 120hp...
I meant just rolling into the throttle not launching. Sorry about not being more specific. Mine has the all season tires. That probably has a lot to do with it.

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
HOneslty for me in that comparison I'd still rather have the Accord. I think Toyota can be described as "the beige Camry" of auto makers, everywhere... but never noticed.
I totally agree. While in terms of reliability only, I think the Camry gets the nod here, by a whisker. But the Accord is available in more body styles and configurations, has a manual transmission available, and has superior handling/driving dynamics.. I always say Toyota is like getting the world's best vanilla ice cream. If you want vanilla, you are gonna be really happy with Toyota vanilla. But if you want something a little more exciting, in different flavors, thank gawd there's Honda!

OP
OP

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
While in terms of reliability only, I think the Camry gets the nod here, by a whisker.
Honestly I've usually chalked this up to the fact that the Camry is a safe, bland car and is normally driven by people that rarely speed, drive hard, or are older. I can't even think of the last time I saw a Camry speeding in traffic that probably wasn't a kid in his moms car. The Accord has always stood out as a more aggressive styling and is more often driven by a person that wants sensible, but places fun over MPG/reliability, but still REALLY wants those things too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.