What things should I buy for better audio?

hattedchimp

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Country flag
When I had a box sub in my R I put a hidden double pole switch in the sub side of the trunk to switch between the box and the oe sub for when I had to use the cargo area with no room for the box. Worked really well. Now I have a spare tire sub so it's redundant.
That's actually a good idea but mine doesn't have a OEM sub, so unfortunately, I have to listen to music without any bass whenever I need the space.
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
$1000 is plenty of budget! I spent half that and I'm happy with my setup. It consists of:
  • Alpine S-S65C component speakers
    • comes with 6.5" speakers and 1" silk dome tweeters for front door/pillar
  • JL C2-350x center speaker
    • Best bang for your buck! Buy as a pair and sell one off. Combine this with a foam baffle
  • Cerwin Vega VPAS10 powered sub
    • Not ground-shaking, but provides modest bass and have it located under my driver seat

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
That's actually a good idea but mine doesn't have a OEM sub, so unfortunately, I have to listen to music without any bass whenever I need the space.
Well using the factory sub bass was almost non-existent, even to a musical degree, no way would it be suitable for techo or really "feeling" the bass.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
$1000 is plenty of budget! I spent half that and I'm happy with my setup. It consists of:
  • Alpine S-S65Ccomponent speakers
  • JL C2-350xcenter speaker
    • Best bang for your buck! Buy as a pair and sell one off. Combine this with a foam baffle
  • Cerwin Vega VPAS10powered sub
    • Not ground-shaking, but provides modest bass and have it located under my driver seat
I initially got the "at the moment" recommended center replacement, and it was shrill and louder than the OE door speakers in the upper midrange even with the tweeter disconnected-I just unplugged it and left it. So, after replacing the door speakers with the Alpines I then put the OE center back in and ended up putting a 6 ohm resistor between it and the center amp to balance the level to what it should be as it's only providing center content. It's not as objectionable now, but it's sure not great lol.

hattedchimp

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I initially got the "at the moment" recommended center replacement, and it was shrill and louder than the OE door speakers in the upper midrange even with the tweeter disconnected-I just unplugged it and left it. So, after replacing the door speakers with the Alpines I then put the OE center back in and ended up putting a 6 ohm resistor between it and the center amp to balance the level to what it should be as it's only providing center content. It's not as objectionable now, but it's sure not great lol.
Do only a few trims have the center speaker? I don't think I ever bothered to check if I had one

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
  • Alpine S-S65Ccomponent speakers
  • JL C2-350xcenter speaker
  • Cerwin Vega VPAS10powered sub
Did the tweeters fit into the sails without issue?

Would Infinity Reference be a good choice for door speakers and tweeters (https://a.co/d/av2AzoO) and center speaker (https://a.co/d/2q1rTmi)?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did the tweeters fit into the sails without issue?

Would Infinity Reference be a good choice for door speakers and tweeters (https://a.co/d/av2AzoO) and center speaker (https://a.co/d/2q1rTmi)?
The tweeters from the Alpine kit were a little tight, but we got them in the sails!

Those Infinity door speakers are listed as compatible with the Civic on Crutchfield, but the center speaker is not. Not sure how they determine that because the dimensions don't look too far off from the JL C2-350x.

OP
OP

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
There are speakers in the back as well correct?
Not worth upgrading?

just the front doors?
tweeters,
Center

Even though I have a sub replacing it is worth it?

hattedchimp

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score