Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nah I blindly trusted them
You will learn !

Since a have cars, I truss only mechanics I know; my small town mechanic.
I never went on a dealer and I kept my cars 10 to 15 years up to 100, 000 miles , never major issue; oil and brakes

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic LX Black Pearl
Country flag
Since the car came off the boat from Canada with only 7 miles I did not expect any issues.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since the car came off the boat from Canada with only 7 miles I did not expect any issues.

Oil level is so important in a engine and so easy to check. Why trust people you don't know ?
There are too many newbies working everywhere

Mrchessy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Never trust a dealership to do their job properly. Had a oil changed and several days later it leaked profusely. Luckily, I was already at work when it happened. They said the mechanic didn’t torque the screw to their spec! ?
Honda Civic 10th gen Stalling issue in 2022 civic 2D56E393-2CD3-4993-83A4-381BC4EABC27
Honda Civic 10th gen Stalling issue in 2022 civic C98A4824-5D05-48D1-9353-2A8C0377A0DE

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I do not trust them i went in knowing it's a bad fuel pump, and now they have an error code to work with which will verify my claim. If they give me bs of not finding anything I already told them give me any money I can get, and I go next door and buy a Corolla.

The lx would not trip visual code errors as the sports model does.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The dealer probably forgot to fill it. I have heard they don't ship them with much oil.
Just this once I will give them some leeway and believe they checked and put oil since I was yelling at the VIP manager when I bought the car. I still am getting low mpg and same rough idle and now stalling. I am still leaning on the fuel pump issue because I believe they will get a code 402 error.

Low oil pressure at idle can be caused by low oil level, poor quality of oil, faulty pressure gauge, worn fuel pump, or by using the wrong type of oil.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They did check oil told me it's full. The problem is they cannot replicate issue however now dealing directly with corporate and request to return vehicle has been submitted. I did not want to incur storage fees so I bought my car home was planning to abandon it right there.

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Sedan NA 2.0 L CVT
Country flag
Never trust a dealership to do their job properly. Had a oil changed and several days later it leaked profusely. Luckily, I was already at work when it happened. They said the mechanic didn’t torque the screw to their spec! ?
2D56E393-2CD3-4993-83A4-381BC4EABC27.jpeg
C98A4824-5D05-48D1-9353-2A8C0377A0DE.jpeg
Did they overtighten it to where it stripped? Or did they not tighten it enough? I'm sorry that happened to you, did they do anything to make it up to you?

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They did check oil told me it's full. The problem is they cannot replicate issue however now dealing directly with corporate and request to return vehicle has been submitted. I did not want to incur storage fees so I bought my car home was planning to abandon it right there.
That's crazy that even the 2nd car is having issues, did you get the 2nd car from the same dealership that the faulty 1st car came from?

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's crazy that even the 2nd car is having issues, did you get the 2nd car from the same dealership that the faulty 1st car came from?
Yes If I go elsewhere the markup is 5k more this was only 2k more. If the issue is a faulty fuel pump all the cars are made in Canada and they are all using the faulty ones except the ones that are hatchbacks made in Japan the markup on those are 5k above MSRP. My guess is people are not driving the car enough to notice I actually bought the car to drive.

civicdriver_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes If I go elsewhere the markup is 5k more this was only 2k more. If the issue is a faulty fuel pump all the cars are made in Canada and they are all using the faulty ones except the ones that are hatchbacks made in Japan the markup on those are 5k above MSRP. My guess is people are not driving the car enough to notice I actually bought the car to drive.
I'm sorry you're having these issues, I can't imagine how frustrating it is. Maybe you should post this issue on the 11th gen civic forum and see if there are any owners there that are having the same problems, maybe someone on there can help you better. Here is the link:

https://www.civic11forum.com/forums/2022-honda-civic-complaints-issues-problems.51/

If that doesn't help reply to me on this post and I'll send you a link to another car forum where there's a lot of helpful mechanics who might be able to diagnose your problem better.

Mrchessy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Did they overtighten it to where it stripped? Or did they not tighten it enough? I'm sorry that happened to you, did they do anything to make it up to you?
The screw was under-torqued so it was loose and the oil was slowly dripping away until the fourth day, it poured out.

OP
OP
smulla

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really would like to join the new forum but right now I am attempting to return the vehicle. Corporate is really busy and I am having issues. There is a slight possibility they will refuse and I will have to wait for a recall I believe will never happen. Going on that forum I saw civics with great gas mileage but there was one dude who had a faulty fuel pump like me and does not know it.

At this point I do not believe honda is aware or cares about the issue. The problem is demand is greater than supply any and all dealerships will not investigate the issue.
Sponsored