What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah that's right! They are 2forge wheels. I just kept the OEM caps. TOTALLY reccomend them! Flow forged super-lightweight wheels for merely 1000€...

Not sure about availability in the US but the fitment options are great!!
Sponsored

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Made a dumb mistake. I never thought this would happened, but I scuffed the rear three-quarter backing into my garage. Though it looks like it can be buffed out. Whether or not it's by a body shop or detailer, I don't know.

20240306_170238.jpg
So I was set to have the scratch be buffed out. But fate had other plans in the form of a low-speed collision so close to work. All parties involved are ok.

In an attempt to make a right turn, I made sure to yield. However, I neglected to look at what's in front of me. The result is I rear-ended a Honda Fit. Two mistakes in a span of a week?🤦‍♂️

I can already tell that the support bar is bent. At least both cars were drivable.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Point Blur_Mar122024_110422

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I know they don't offer the biggest selection of wheels but Tire Rack's service is second to none. I mean the wheel/tire package cost includes mounting, road force balancing, hubcentric rings and lug nuts and almost everything is 2-3 day delivery at worst.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know they don't offer the biggest selection of wheels but Tire Rack's service is second to none. I mean the wheel/tire package cost includes mounting, road force balancing, hubcentric rings and lug nuts and almost everything is 2-3 day delivery at worst.
I'm not trying to be a cheerleader for Fitment; everyone has their preferences. I just found that they got me into my setup at the best price.

I agree they aren't the fastest, but some of that is likely in part to my preference to have them ceramic coated. I do get free shipping though, so I won't complain. They were going to give me basic tuner lugs but I opted for a custom black set they had for sale. I got my hubcentric rings from Amazon, but those didn't cost much for good 6061 aluminum parts.

The Fitment tools gave me the choices based on my exact setup, not just "2020 Civic hatchback". I liked being presented with the options that fit with coilovers, tucked, rolled, etc. When I first wanted to replace the wheels, I used Fitment to find wheels I wanted and shopped around but I either couldn't find lower prices, or the price was nearly the same for the style but the exact wheels with the right width and offset either weren't available or not in stock. And we're talking about several different wheels, not just going right after the Kojins. Every search just led back to them.

To be honest, my Honda dealership beats the crap out everyone price-wise for tires. And I mean now that I'm on the DWS06+, or when I ran my OEM 18" setup on the stock Conti Pro-contacts. Even my daughter's 17" stock hatchback tires were cheaper there when I swapped them all out at payoff. I couldn't believe it. Most people wouldn't even think to check the dealership! I mean, Fitment has good prices, but mail order isn't the way to get back on the road when you have a blowout, right?

Ealvarez11

First Name
Emilio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sports touring hatchback 1.5T
Country flag
I'm not trying to be a cheerleader for Fitment; everyone has their preferences. I just found that they got me into my setup at the best price.

I agree they aren't the fastest, but some of that is likely in part to my preference to have them ceramic coated. I do get free shipping though, so I won't complain. They were going to give me basic tuner lugs but I opted for a custom black set they had for sale. I got my hubcentric rings from Amazon, but those didn't cost much for good 6061 aluminum parts.

The Fitment tools gave me the choices based on my exact setup, not just "2020 Civic hatchback". I liked being presented with the options that fit with coilovers, tucked, rolled, etc. When I first wanted to replace the wheels, I used Fitment to find wheels I wanted and shopped around but I either couldn't find lower prices, or the price was nearly the same for the style but the exact wheels with the right width and offset either weren't available or not in stock. And we're talking about several different wheels, not just going right after the Kojins. Every search just led back to them.

To be honest, my Honda dealership beats the crap out everyone price-wise for tires. And I mean now that I'm on the DWS06+, or when I ran my OEM 18" setup on the stock Conti Pro-contacts. Even my daughter's 17" stock hatchback tires were cheaper there when I swapped them all out at payoff. I couldn't believe it. Most people wouldn't even think to check the dealership! I mean, Fitment has good prices, but mail order isn't the way to get back on the road when you have a blowout, right?
I'm with you. Fitment FTW.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Finally paid off my loan. Took forever but will have a lot of stress relief knowing i don’t have anymore payments. Now i just wait for my title and look into cheaper car insurance!

GoleeMD

First Name
Jim Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
The Sith-mobile finally got a makeover inside and out after a long winter with 20k miles driven in the last 6 months on nasty roads. Also got the intercooler and grille lights working again... and the Empire logo door puddle lights too.

Have I gone too far already?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000005571
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000005579
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000005574
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000005575
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000005576
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000005577
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000005607
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000005608
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000005609

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

Oelandsir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mazda cx5
Washed it :) But, to be honest, there are still some things I need to tackle, especially finding some elusive auto parts that I've been searching for a while, any review of bds suspension customer service? It's like a never-ending quest, but I'm determined to find what I need to keep my car running smoothly. If anyone has any tips or recommendations for sourcing hard-to-find auto parts, I would be grateful.

Last edited:

zhou qizi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th FC1
Country flag
After several months of driving, I feel that the exhaust sound is still too loud, especially at 2000 rpm and under load, the deep sound is louder. For example, when commuting on an elevated road, the speed is basically maintained at around 2,000 rpm. At this time, the low-frequency sound in the car is unpleasant. Through analysis, the main reason was that the direct exhaust muffler could not eliminate enough low-frequency noise, so last week I redesigned and modified the exhaust, and finally achieved my expected goal.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 2
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 3

Last edited:

Aariahjames

First Name
Aariah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag