Real production numbers (America)

HKSeaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I have some info for anyone still wanting to pick one up or that's on a list.

There will be 2800 total produced for the 2017 model and Honda will produce 300-400 per month for the 2018 model.
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Sorry to burst your bubble but this info has been already stated by a lot of members on here

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Source? I really want something to print and shove into these dealers' piehole.

OP
OP

HKSeaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
He should be able to confirm too. It was in a webinar direct from Honda.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
If they start in January and end in September, then it should average out to around 3000 for 2018.

I don't know production start or end dates. Just speculations. o_O

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Source? I really want something to print and shove into these dealers' piehole.
As much as I hate reposting what was posted by someone else two weeks ago ... the person in charge of Honda UK and the plant that makes the Type R is a pretty good source ...

(BTW, the "financial year" below means April 1 to March 31.)

'Honda will build 75 units of its Civic Type R hot hatch every day for the next financial year to meet massive worldwide demand.

That figure represents more than 10 per cent of the 700 Civics being produced daily at the Japanese car manufacturer’s Swindon factory.

David Hodgetts, managing director at Honda UK, told the Press Association: “There’s plenty of anticipation for the new Civic Type R, which largely comes off the back of the fact that the car it replaced was very well received and was built in small numbers.

“But the American market has really driven up demand because it’s not been available over there before. We’re looking at producing about 13,000 units between now and March 31, and we’re exporting about 6,000 of those to the States.”
...'

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news...-civic-type-rs-every-day-to-meet-high-demand/

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
That figure represents more than 10 per cent of the 700 Civics being produced daily at the Japanese car manufacturer’s Swindon factory.
10% of the hatchbacks made will be Type R's, so there is no more confusion.

I see people doing math with 10% of all civics.:oops:

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
He should be able to confirm too. It was in a webinar direct from Honda.
What webinar did it mention this? I'm at 100% of my training and webinars and haven't watched one about Type R volume. Just let me know which one and I'll be happy to confirm this info.

Also the reality of the situation is we won't really know howamy to expect for the US until iN starts to upload national info and status on sold units and national allocation numbers. I don't think it will be as many people think. But then again I could be wrong. But my honest answer is I don't know, and won't know until that information shows up for me.

I personally don't think we will have as many of these as there are Si's and the Si production isn't very much right now either. I'm willing to bet that the Type are will account for 1/4 of what Civic Si sales are. And I'd imagine Si's at 10-12k units a year. Just my .02

I'm hoping they will be available though, they're amazing vehicles!

HondaCBX6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s: CTR, other non Honda’s. previous NSX, S2000’s, Ridgeline
Based on that you will see 3000 2017 units and 3000 2018 units built in March of 18'.

That would be about 3 cars per dealer, but likely a 1-3 per depending on volume during each production run after you compensate for press, testing, and units sold directly to Honda employees.

You can do your own supply and demand math from there to determine the approximate price they should be selling for after you factor in a 6 month break in production arrival between Sept 17' and March 18'.

I hope everyone that really wants one finds the deal they feel is right, it is an awesome car!

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Actually, 6,000 units to the US works works out to 6 per dealer give or take, since there are about 1,000 dealers in the US. But that's only through March, Honda will continue producing the Type R continuously over at least the next few years. The quote from the Honda UK spokesperson is through March because that's what they have on the production schedule through Q1 of next year, as we get closer, Honda will start scheduling Q2-Q4 which I'm sure will be at least another 6,000 units, probably more since by then production will be in full swing and if demand is still high I'm sure they will run as many as they can sell.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
Actually, 6,000 units to the US works works out to 6 per dealer give or take, since there are about 1,000 dealers in the US. But that's only through March, Honda will continue producing the Type R continuously over at least the next few years. The quote from the Honda UK spokesperson is through March because that's what they have on the production schedule through Q1 of next year, as we get closer, Honda will start scheduling Q2-Q4 which I'm sure will be at least another 6,000 units, probably more since by then production will be in full swing and if demand is still high I'm sure they will run as many as they can sell.
i thought it was 6k for 2018 , so you are saying 1st quarter there will be another 6k and then even more throughout 2018? The way you are wording this sounds like there could be 10k+ made in 2018 alone

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
i thought it was 6k for 2018 , so you are saying 1st quarter there will be another 6k and then even more throughout 2018? The way you are wording this sounds like there could be 10k+ made in 2018 alone
The total according to their statement was @6000 by March 31st of 2018. Who knows how many after that. They could bump it up.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
The total according to their statement was @6000 by March 31st of 2018. Who knows how many after that. They could bump it up.
In all honesty, given how hot the car is, I can see them bumping up production for the 2018 model year.
Sponsored