First Name
Tian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Issue has been solved, new unit worked great, took me no longer than 1 hour to set up and flash
#Edited#June 12th,2018

So my Ktuner arrived on Thursday.
I had an 3 year old laptop with Windows 10 system, installed client and drivers followed by official website.
Turned out "unable to verify device", I tried to unplug it and plug it back, it once changes to "exchanging data"
View attachment 100339
I even bought a new $200 laptop at target, still get the same thinI could not find similar issue thread online, so I emailed Ktuner's customer service.
This is what I got

Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 7.57.42 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 7.57.52 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 7.58.05 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 7.58.14 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.00.39 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.00.47 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.01.41 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.01.49 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.02.31 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.03.13 PM
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 8.03.44 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol image

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP

tianxiang

First Name
Tian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From beginning to end, Ktuner LLC did not say a single apologize to my experience as a customer. This is NOT my fault which I bought a unit that is not working.
As a customer, I think it's convenient is to return this unit and get something else asap, instead of wasting my time randomly.
I'm being objective, Yes, I'm a foreigner, but I've lived here for a decade and I know how things should be done here.

I chose Ktuner just because a lot of active users on "civicx.com" have tried it and thought it's good and user friendly.
Turned out I'm one of those victims of failed product and failed customer service.

I would like to work with Ktuner if there's anything convincible! I'm not an unreasonable douche who's against a brand team for no reason. (especially with a cost of $450)

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Who did you buy your device from on Amazon?

You should have returned the device to Ktuner like they suggested. Not back to amazon. I know you were excited, and also impatient to follow the route they suggested.

Returning it to ktuner was probably the better idea. They have the ability to isolate the cause of the failure and determine if it was the device itself, you, or improper driver/software installation that caused the issue.

They were right, now you run the risk of possibly having the same issue with the replacement one you ordered. (IF you ordered another) And if that's the case, you're wasting your time 'randomly' like you were trying to avoid because you got impatient.

Edit: If you haven't placed a 2nd order for a replacement, just order a new one off of ktuners website.

It sucks, I know. Maybe they could have said 'sorry' for you not following directions. At least, they were willing to help. I wish you luck man!

kc189go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 CivicEX
Knowing Amazon as of late, it wouldn't surprise me if you got a used unit that the previous owner returned either because it was defective from the get-go or because he/she bricked it and then returned it. Amazon being Amazon doesn't give a sh!t these days and simply threw the return back into stock and shipped it out again. Another possibility, assuming you didn't buy it directly from Ktuner, is that you received a counterfeit unit (aka Chinese knockoff).

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Knowing Amazon as of late, it wouldn't surprise me if you got a used unit that the previous owner returned either because it was defective from the get-go or because he/she bricked it and then returned it. Amazon being Amazon doesn't give a sh!t these days and simply threw the return back into stock and shipped it out again. Another possibility, assuming you didn't buy it directly from Ktuner, is that you received a counterfeit unit (aka Chinese knockoff).
Amazon is not a Ktuner dealer. They are not handling Ktuner units at any point. Only authorized Ktuner dealers are selling through Amazon. You can rest assured that you will not find any used, known defective, or knock-off units there. It is not possible to buy directly from Ktuner, they sell exclusively through authorized dealers that are held to very high standards.

It sounds like the OP did the right thing by contacting Ktuner but failed to let them help him out. :(

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From beginning to end, Ktuner LLC did not say a single apologize to my experience as a customer
Ok...

This is NOT my fault
Ok...

wasting my time randomly
Ok...

I know how things should be done
Ok...

Turned out I'm one of those victims of failed product and failed customer service.
Ok...

I'm not an unreasonable douch
Ok...?

https://www.civicx.com/threads/didnt-make-it-very-far.20082/

I had a password issue when I tried using their software on New Year's Eve. They contacted me and resolved it early the next day... on what was certainly a day off.

It sounds like they're going to take care of you. @KTuner has established a lot of goodwill here and continues to provide good support for their users... as they'll do for you, if you will let them.

I recommend you continue to not be an unreasonable douche. :thumbsup:

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
No such thing as a perfect product, perfect person, perfect technolgy etc, all you can hope for is that when there is a issue the company/person steps up and helps to make it right, that is the true measure. Sounds like they want to help you and resolve it, not sure what more you could ask for?

OP
OP

tianxiang

First Name
Tian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

You should have returned the device to Ktuner like they suggested. Not back to amazon. I know you were excited, and also impatient to follow the route they suggested.

Returning it to ktuner was probably the better idea. They have the ability to isolate the cause of the failure and determine if it was the device itself, you, or improper driver/software installation that caused the issue.

They were right, now you run the risk of possibly having the same issue with the replacement one you ordered. (IF you ordered another) And if that's the case, you're wasting your time 'randomly' like you were trying to avoid because you got impatient.

Edit: If you haven't placed a 2nd order for a replacement, just order a new one off of ktuners website.

It sucks, I know. Maybe they could have said 'sorry' for you not following directions. At least, they were willing to help. I wish you luck man!
Thanks for your suggestion man. You right, I was a bit over excited, that caused my disappointment. Yes, I should have probably send it back to Ktuner and let them check. But mistakes were made, I did not follow their last direction.

I started installing software with patience, installed everything step by step but it's not working, took 3 hours to get my Windows fully updated, still not working. And that, I became impatient and kinda blame Ktuner for its fault

OP
OP

tianxiang

First Name
Tian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No such thing as a perfect product, perfect person, perfect technolgy etc, all you can hope for is that when there is a issue the company/person steps up and helps to make it right, that is the true measure. Sounds like they want to help you and resolve it, not sure what more you could ask for?
Thanks for your reply. I'm a greedy person, always wanted to get things done in a way I thought, which I know I was wrong. Yes, they are willing to help me resolve the issue, this thread is just here to help future customer who may potentially have the similar issue with mine, so that they have a clue what should be the best solution=send it back to Ktuner.

But your words calms me down, you are absolutely right. I wish you have a great weekend, good sir

OP
OP

tianxiang

First Name
Tian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Amazon is not a Ktuner dealer. They are not handling Ktuner units at any point. Only authorized Ktuner dealers are selling through Amazon. You can rest assured that you will not find any used, known defective, or knock-off units there. It is not possible to buy directly from Ktuner, they sell exclusively through authorized dealers that are held to very high standards.

It sounds like the OP did the right thing by contacting Ktuner but failed to let them help him out. :(
Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 10.16.36 PM

There it is.

Uhhhhh. Amazon prime made my greedy mind think I will be able to tune my car within 2 days delivery.

OP
OP

tianxiang

First Name
Tian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok...

Ok...

Ok...

Ok...

Ok...

Ok...?

https://www.civicx.com/threads/didnt-make-it-very-far.20082/

I had a password issue when I tried using their software on New Year's Eve. They contacted me and resolved it early the next day... on what was certainly a day off.

It sounds like they're going to take care of you. @KTuner has established a lot of goodwill here and continues to provide good support for their users... as they'll do for you, if you will let them.

I recommend you continue to not be an unreasonable douche. :thumbsup:
Seems like you put some effort to reply this, man, i was on a mood when I wrote this post. But yeah, next time, I should be very patient

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Shit happens and I get ya probably wanted to just get a solution asap.

KTuner shows they cared because they wanted to see what was going on with your unit. I'm pretty sure they'd even help me with my used unit if it failed aswell(have invoice.)

I've had very good luck with them and I bought a used unit which should be here tomorrow! They answer my questions very quick and I think it's one of their main guys.

Sorry you had this happen!

Hope it works out for you!

Got me freaked out about my flash tomorrow! Lol

Do I need to make a KTuner account and will it work with a used unlocked unit?
Hoping it doesn't stick to the original owner.

OP
OP

tianxiang

First Name
Tian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Honda Civic 10th gen My experience with Ktuner(and its Customer Support), lol Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 10.16.36 PM

I did return it to amazon, and ordered a new one from MAperformance.
Just in case, I will bring the new unit to a local mechanic shop to help me install it with their laptop

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 10.16.36 PM.png

There it is.

Uhhhhh. Amazon prime made my greedy mind think I will be able to tune my car within 2 days delivery.
No hard feelings but Amazon is a marketplace that features literally millions of different sellers, along with selling many items on their own. An item that is available on Amazon, is not necessarily sold by Amazon. I hate to hear that you had trouble but in a case like this trusting the manufacturer to provide support is usually best.
Sponsored