First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I plugged my V2 in my computer and figured I'd look at what all it can do... I've had it since I bought it the day after Thanksgiving and hadn't messed with it yet.

So I have the software installed... attempted to register the unit by adding an e-mail and password. Now it's an endless loop of "Incorrect Password" "You must register your device... yes or no" "Incorrect Password".

Maybe I'm getting old and stupid when it comes to computer things... but I thought I wasn't so far gone I could accomplish this simple task.

Hey KTuner... I sent you an e-mail per your directions I found eventually... help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...so, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software. It doesn't give me any option to do anything else w/information upon startup. You acknowledge the the EULA and it just maintains the same loop described above. I'm stumped. I have no way of putting in any information. The status remains a red 'disconnect' which will flash very briefly green,,, then goes back to red. The unit is on when plugged into the computer. All tabs are greyed out. You can't close the program w/o performing a force close as it just loops the 'register' and 'incorrect password' boxes.

Anyone had anything similar? I figured I'd tinker w/it while I wait for it to go all 2018 on me.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Taking a shot in the dark here... are you connected to the internet while trying to register?

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I gave up last night. I did get a reply from Ktuner this morning (paraphrased slightly) to just use my correct password. I'm assuming I was a letter off on what I initially put in, though I don't know why it would tell me I still need to register the Ktuner if I did the initial registration.

Anyways, to cure the endless popup, removing the Ktuner and launching the program stops it. I can click on the little person icon which brings up the screen for e-mail, user name and password. I'm just waiting for my password to get sent to me. If putting in whatever they send me (sucks their program doesn't require you to enter it twice like most everything else when people w/twitchy fingers like me fat finger their keyboard) doesn't fix the program... then this thing isn't going to work.

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok. I think I'm sorted out. Something didn't take in the registration. They gave me a new password and I was able to finally get the password they provided to update my license. I'm off to lock it to my ECU...

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
Ok. I think I'm sorted out. Something didn't take in the registration. They gave me a new password and I was able to finally get the password they provided to update my license. I'm off to lock it to my ECU...
I think you were supposed to lock it to your ECU first. At least that’s what I did.

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is true, I couldn't access the functions of the program... but I was able to register the device once they attached a password I could use to the initial registration. Something went wrong during the initial registration were it effectively had no password to my username.

I don't know. It's fixed now. I'm sitting here making a dual 19/21.5 with a 19.5 1st gear boost limit all the time and other tweaked settings. I figure I'll start her off gentle. My old lady wants more power. With it as cold as it is (40s right now) the car should make good power as it is, a smidge more boost but finally getting rid of rev hang which I've hated since I had my 9th gen would be great. I don't remember my RSX having rev hang like the 9th had. Got the faster spool set too.

Only thing I'm looking at is the 'final boost targets' as the far right hand is 25.5. Still reading up on this one. Want to make sure the hierarchy is boost by gear then boost targets. Not sure how the 'final boost target' comes into play but I certainly don't want more than 21.5 at this point.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
That is true, I couldn't access the functions of the program... but I was able to register the device once they attached a password I could use to the initial registration. Something went wrong during the initial registration were it effectively had no password to my username.

I don't know. It's fixed now. I'm sitting here making a dual 19/21.5 with a 19.5 1st gear boost limit all the time and other tweaked settings. I figure I'll start her off gentle. My old lady wants more power. With it as cold as it is (40s right now) the car should make good power as it is, a smidge more boost but finally getting rid of rev hang which I've hated since I had my 9th gen would be great. I don't remember my RSX having rev hang like the 9th had. Got the faster spool set too.

Only thing I'm looking at is the 'final boost targets' as the far right hand is 25.5. Still reading up on this one. Want to make sure the hierarchy is boost by gear then boost targets. Not sure how the 'final boost target' comes into play but I certainly don't want more than 21.5 at this point.
It had a password. You likely typed it in incorrectly, so when you went to re-enter it said password incorrect. Easy fix.

Boost by gear, then boost targets, then final boost. The final boost table is documented in the help.

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I've been reading it extensively. Knowing the hierarchy of that one was the one thing I wasn't 100% on. I saw in reading boost by gear would override boost targets if they were set lower. I think the final boost looks the way it does w/the 25.5 on the far right because the boost by gear is crazy high by default... but it wouldn't matter since the boost targets are lower, as you said.

I figured it was fine as I checked the vanilla 19/23 map y'all provided and the final boost tables were very high, far higher than the boost targets.

I just copied the 21 table in to the 23 to make sport mode a little less... sporty and figured I'd try out a boost by gear for 1st since I'm sure running 20+ psi is just a great way to spin your tires once you hit 3000-4000 RPM.

Thanks for getting back to me today. I honestly wasn't expecting a reply until tomorrow.

From years of having old turbo Z cars with manual or electronic boost controllers... it's absolutely amazing what this thing is capable of. The TruBoost my Z32 has on it is based on solenoid duty cycle only.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks. I've been reading it extensively. Knowing the hierarchy of that one was the one thing I wasn't 100% on. I saw in reading boost by gear would override boost targets if they were set lower. I think the final boost looks the way it does w/the 25.5 on the far right because the boost by gear is crazy high by default... but it wouldn't matter since the boost targets are lower, as you said.

I figured it was fine as I checked the vanilla 19/23 map y'all provided and the final boost tables were very high, far higher than the boost targets.

I just copied the 21 table in to the 23 to make sport mode a little less... sporty and figured I'd try out a boost by gear for 1st since I'm sure running 20+ psi is just a great way to spin your tires once you hit 3000-4000 RPM.

Thanks for getting back to me today. I honestly wasn't expecting a reply until tomorrow.

From years of having old turbo Z cars with manual or electronic boost controllers... it's absolutely amazing what this thing is capable of. The TruBoost my Z32 has on it is based on solenoid duty cycle only.
Sounds like you're off and running. No problem, I try to check email off and on even on my free days if I can.

Ya, it's simply amazing what Honda has put together with the platform and the controls for it!

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep... went out for a spin on a cobbled together 19/21 dual. Boost meter fluctuated between 21 and 22 in sport at full throttle. Throttle response *tremendously* better. Spool a bit better. I did the rev hang defeat and the mid throttle padding added. The hang is better, though revs still fall a bit slower than I'd like as I tend to skip gears and have to wait for revs to drop, but it's much better and I've got another setting worth of adjustment left.

It's no monster, but it accelerates better and the engine on the factory map is positively sluggish in comparison. Very worthwhile... with room to grow to add a few more pounds, to say nothing about a custom tune once I feel the time is right to do a clutch. Sounds like our options on afternarket ones are opening up more this year.

Thanks a bunch. The little lady is going to go grab some groceries in a few (she drives the car 80% of the time as it is). She's going to love it.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
No problem.

Ya, the flywheel is still heavy so RPM still takes a bit to come down, but at least you get full decel now!
Sponsored