Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi there,

18 Hatch Sport
Since I’ve installed flex fuel. I’ve got these two code come on. First code was a month or so ago P0087(pressure too low) when I had E78(Ktuner). Went 4th gear wot to 5.5k and pulled it. Of course I cleared the code and car ran fine and did pulls again with the same tank and nothing pop up. Found out basemaps is best for 37-38%. So today with their new update just released yesterday. I decided to do a few enhancement that I didn’t touch before beside loading everything standard with basemaps, and I pulled a P0088(pressure too high) with 36-37%. The code seems to appear after I left off clutch and wasn’t while I was still wot and I let off before 5,5k rpm. I guess when I let both clutch and with gas off a second later, it cut off the fuel causing a split second of high pressure..? Hopefully these aren’t anything to worry about at all but yeahhhhh... failsafe mode can be scary sometimes

Anyways, you guys pulled any codes or cel ?
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
What does your fuel line looks like? do you have logs of it triggering the cel

OP
OP

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What does your fuel line looks like? do you have logs of it triggering the cel
Don’t know how to log, I mean there’s a catalog button but I never used it. pretty new to all this but codes only triggered once for each. Most likely wouldn’t happen again unless scenario is 100% the same I guess. I’m not worried as I’m sure it was just the split second of occurance lol.

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
You have any updates on this? I know the thread is hella old but my car just pulled a P0088 when I was doing pulls. Have a 2018 Civic Si with flex fuel running the TSP Stage 2.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Sam here, bump.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
You guys need to post logs. Flopper you have enough upgrades that you should be doing a custom tune if you aren't already.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
The code went away after driving to the gas station and filling up. I've driven about 30 miles and it hasn't come back.

I'm guessing it's like the OP said, letting off gas real quick after hard driving and the fuel pressure was momentarily high.

I have rev hang turned off, so I'm wondering if that is contributing to this.

I just installed most of these parts this week but yes HEROX, it's time I contact DRob.

OP
OP

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The code went away after driving to the gas station and filling up. I've driven about 30 miles and it hasn't come back.

I'm guessing it's like the OP said, letting off gas real quick after hard driving and the fuel pressure was momentarily high.

I just installed most of these parts this week but yes HEROX, it's time I contact DRob.
Yeah, the high momentarily pressure from keeping the throttle at full throttle was the cause. I got it from trying to do full throttle shift. Didn't know how to set it at first, so kept it at 6500rpm. But realized it's supposed to be at 4700rpm so when you shift, the rpm drops down to 4700 but keeps the throttle body open for air but no fuel during that time.

As for the other code for lower pressure, you'll most likely need a complete custom tune. Such as when you pass 5200rpm, curve the boost down to 16psi or so, since that's where power falls off and doesn't need the constant 21+psi all the way to redline to pump/waste more fuel as that is probably where the limit of what the fuel system is capable of. Think of the fuel system as the Type R's turbo, the turbo is too small and couldn't push enough air into the engine at high rpm.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I got this code too during a wot pull for a tune. I got the fuel upgrade.
I'm gonna try not letting off the gas after a pull
Sponsored