clumsywob

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Civic Sedan SI
Country flag
Hey Guys, I just received my HID Kit from Morimoto and I am having a hard time on where to mount the relay cleanly. The problem is, or at least I feel like it is, is that one of the ballast cables from the relay is way too short. This is creating a huge struggle for me to find the best place to mount the ballast so that it'll reach the relay. From all the threads i've found, the cables seem longer on the relays, so it's not much of a deal. Does anyone have any helpful feedback on this?
Sponsored

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With my morimoto kit, they included some.. for the lack of better words, 9006 extensions that I had to use. I mounted the relay using double sided tape on that little plastic junction box that says "do not remove" (just forward of the fuse box) and my ballasts are mounted between the fender and body using double sided tape, as well.
Honda Civic 10th gen Morimoto H11 Elite w/ HD Relay Mounting Struggles Y615L7n

Honda Civic 10th gen Morimoto H11 Elite w/ HD Relay Mounting Struggles n3y7e9B

The second pic shows where I initially put the relay, but I didn't like it there. I moved it to where the red arrow is pointing. However, both pics show my ballasts (now covered with those engine side panels you can get off of ebay/amazon)

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
With my morimoto kit, they included some.. for the lack of better words, 9006 extensions that I had to use. I mounted the relay using double sided tape on that little plastic junction box that says "do not remove" (just forward of the fuse box) and my ballasts are mounted between the fender and body using double sided tape, as well.
Y615L7n.jpg

n3y7e9B.jpg

The second pic shows where I initially put the relay, but I didn't like it there. I moved it to where the red arrow is pointing. However, both pics show my ballasts (now covered with those engine side panels you can get off of ebay/amazon)
How did you reach that spot on the driver's side with your ballast? Mine doesn't seem to want to stretch that far. Passenger side is mounted in the same spot as yours.

EDIT: upon asecomd read, I see that you received some kind of extension piece with yours. I don't think that mine came with any such thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP

clumsywob

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Civic Sedan SI
Country flag
Thank you so much!! That extension piece was connected to the relay and I thought it was something for internal wired headlights, so set it to the side. With the extension piece I was able to successfully mount the ballast on each side of the car like you have and the relay is mounted on the Do Not Remove piece right below the fuse box. Thanks again for your help!

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you reach that spot on the driver's side with your ballast? Mine doesn't seem to want to stretch that far. Passenger side is mounted in the same spot as yours.

EDIT: upon asecomd read, I see that you received some kind of extension piece with yours. I don't think that mine came with any such thing.
Yeah, they included what seemed to be little extension wire things with DIY 9006 plugs. About 12" of wiring or so. I didn't request those additionally, but I'm damn glad they came in my package.

edit: I found the one I didn't use, but just the male terminal with the ~12" wiring. If I find a spare female end laying around, I have no problems sending it your way if you want it.

edit 2: I know why I don't have a spare female end laying around. I filled the holes with hot glue and used it to protect the unused low beam OEM harness input. If you want the extension anyways (you'd have to track down a female 9006 terminal), PM me.

Thank you so much!! That extension piece was connected to the relay and I thought it was something for internal wired headlights, so set it to the side. With the extension piece I was able to successfully mount the ballast on each side of the car like you have and the relay is mounted on the Do Not Remove piece right below the fuse box. Thanks again for your help!
No problem man. Glad to help
Sponsored

Last edited: