Mishimoto performance Intercooler. Tune needed?

Chrizniz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Sedan 2019
Country flag
I just bought a Civic Si ‘19 sedan back in August. Haven’t really done anything to it except for swapping the stock intake with a K&N Typhoon Cold Air intake. I just got my Mishimoto performance intercooler/piping kit in the mail today, so now I’m planning on heading to a shop within the next few days to get this bad boy up and running. My question is, would I need any kind of tune after the intercooler is swapped? What do you guys think? I am planning on getting a cat back exhaust next just not sure when and btw if anyone out there knows of a really cool and reputable brand for the exhaust, throw some names out there for me. But for now, my main focus is this Intercooler. Thoughts? Suggestions? Guide me in the right direction here..help a brother out! ;) Thanks guys!
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
No tune needed for the Mishimoto Intercooler. It was designed and tested for a stock Civic

Alex_hockey69

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I just bought a Civic Si ‘19 sedan back in August. Haven’t really done anything to it except for swapping the stock intake with a K&N Typhoon Cold Air intake. I just got my Mishimoto performance intercooler/piping kit in the mail today, so now I’m planning on heading to a shop within the next few days to get this bad boy up and running. My question is, would I need any kind of tune after the intercooler is swapped? What do you guys think? I am planning on getting a cat back exhaust next just not sure when and btw if anyone out there knows of a really cool and reputable brand for the exhaust, throw some names out there for me. But for now, my main focus is this Intercooler. Thoughts? Suggestions? Guide me in the right direction here..help a brother out! ;) Thanks guys!
Did you have any problems tunning your AFM after you installed your k&n intake ?

OP
OP
Chrizniz

Chrizniz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you have any problems tunning your AFM after you installed your k&n intake ?
I haven’t done any type of tuning after installing the intake. According to K&N’s YouTube channel, all K&N intakes were designed and tested to work with factory ECU settings on a stock vehicle. However, I do plan on tuning my Honda after installing my Aftermarket intercooler this weekend. So uhm, if I do run into any tuning issues with my AFM, I’ll keep you updated. I’m new to this whole modding situation so I was never really into stuff like this until I recently purchased my Honda back in August. Any other suggestions would help! Thanks for looking out

Alex_hockey69

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I haven’t done any type of tuning after installing the intake. According to K&N’s YouTube channel, all K&N intakes were designed and tested to work with factory ECU settings on a stock vehicle. However, I do plan on tuning my Honda after installing my Aftermarket intercooler this weekend. So uhm, if I do run into any tuning issues with my AFM, I’ll keep you updated. I’m new to this whole modding situation so I was never really into stuff like this until I recently purchased my Honda back in August. Any other suggestions would help! Thanks for looking out
If you look at your fuel trims, you will notice that they will be way off

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Definitely check your fuel trims...i had the short ram k&n on my 2017 si and it threw them off a bit. Had to calibrate the MAF via KTuner.

OP
OP
Chrizniz

Chrizniz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely check your fuel trims...i had the short ram k&n on my 2017 si and it threw them off a bit. Had to calibrate the MAF via KTuner.
Wow I had absolutely no idea it could do that. I’ll def look into it and I’ll def let my mechanic know before he installs the Intercooler.

Alex_hockey69

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Would you have a picture or ... Of your calibrate MAF of when you had the K&N intake ?

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
27WON Intake, PRL Intercooler, and upgraded charge pipes threw my trims off a bit in cold weather. I'm thinking it's still fine, ECU is doing what it should and correcting in close loop and hitting target AFRs