amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Today my mechanic was supposed to install a Mishimoto Performance Intercooler, but he did not get the chance due to a backlog in his shop, so the install is pushed to next week. That is probably a good thing because I was watching the install video, and it shows 2 x silver adapters (hot side and cold side adapters), which are not included with the kit I have. In the video he puts the O ring in the adapters, but they are never shown being installed. Looking at the Mishimoto description of the kit I have it states "compatible with stock piping". I see the adapters on the parts sheet, but they are not to be found anywhere in the box. This was a brand new sealed kit, the box was factory sealed and everything inside was sealed as it should be.

I am a little confused because the install video shows the two silver adapters, but they are never shown being installed or shown again. When he connects the stock piping to the intercooler, it connects directly to the Blue cool side and the Red hot side that are already bolted on the intercooler and I don't see the silver adapters at all. So I guess my question is, were the hot and cold side silver adapters supposed to come with the intercooler? And will these be needed to connect the intercooler to the stock piping? If so I will need to contact Mishimoto support to have them sent to me
@Mishimoto
Sponsored

Last edited:

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the ones that are in the IC are the ones for the factory hoses, and the one for the upgraded hose kit should come with the upgraded hose kit, but call them to make sure that's right.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is this for an Si? I thought you got rid of it?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think the ones that are in the IC are the ones for the factory hoses, and the one for the upgraded hose kit should come with the upgraded hose kit, but call them to make sure that's right.
Is this for an Si? I thought you got rid of it?
Guys, this post was from June 2019 ?

@amirza786 did end up selling his Si and getting another car.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Guys, this post was from June 2019 ?

@amirza786 did end up selling his Si and getting another car.
Haha hey @arpypat and @jason510 ! Yeah, old post. Still driving the IS350! I added a Hyundai Ioniq EV for my wife's work commute. Pretty good car, 3 year lease for $190 a month

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Got it, I was like, it even says so in his signature. Either that or you found that you couldn't live without and bought it back.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got it, I was like, it even says so in his signature. Either that or you found that you couldn't live without and bought it back.
It was a great car, but I'm addicted to the Lexus. Also degenerative disk makes driving a manual daily more of a task. I was thinking about picking up a 9th gen as a project car/weekend car but my son and are going to pick up an MR2 and do a V6 engine swap (2007 Camry 3.5L). I have the engine already, I just need a decent priced MR2 that's in good condition.

Come by sometime to clublexus and check out all my mods and latest build. I just added Android Auto/Apple CarPlay functionality to my 10 year old infotainment system! I'm also in the process of upgrading my rotors

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/954624-2010-is350-sport-build-thread.html
Sponsored