ChefBoyardeez10

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FC3
Country flag
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum site but not new to modifying. I am new to Hondas and I came from a Mazda only family prior to getting my Civic Si.

I am looking into getting an intake and then an exhaust and then a tune. I live in New Mexico but I do not know which intake would work best. I would like to do CAI and not SRI, but has anybody had experience with seriously bad weather. When it rains here it RAINS. but other than that, it is usually sunny and dry (dessert climate, sometimes monsoons).
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum site but not new to modifying. I am new to Hondas and I came from a Mazda only family prior to getting my Civic Si.

I am looking into getting an intake and then an exhaust and then a tune. I live in New Mexico but I do not know which intake would work best. I would like to do CAI and not SRI, but has anybody had experience with seriously bad weather. When it rains here it RAINS. but other than that, it is usually sunny and dry (dessert climate, sometimes monsoons).

Best CAI intake on the market for the Si is the PRL Cobra CAI intake. They have 2 options a race MAF housing or street MAF housing. Must have Ktuner/Hondata to run the RACE version.

If your worried about water issues, Buy a Injen Hydro Shield, x-1033 fits the PRL CAI perfectly.

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best CAI intake on the market for the Si is the PRL Cobra CAI intake. They have 2 options a race MAF housing or street MAF housing. Must have Ktuner/Hondata to run the RACE version.

If your worried about water issues, Buy a Injen Hydro Shield, x-1033 fits the PRL CAI perfectly.
Does the hydro shield effect air flow since it’s like a glove

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Does the hydro shield effect air flow since it’s like a glove
It should not be noticeable. I run K&N outerwears on all my offroad toys with K&N filters and have never once had an issue with them, nor have I noticed any loss of power. If you deal with lots of rain, get the injen shield or outerwears. It also adds one more layer of protection from dirt and what not getting into the filter. I am going to run one when I install my PRL Cobra CAIRace MAF

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It should not be noticeable. I run K&N outerwears on all my offroad toys with K&N filters and have never once had an issue with them, nor have I noticed any loss of power. If you deal with lots of rain, get the injen shield or outerwears. It also adds one more layer of protection from dirt and what not getting into the filter. I am going to run one when I install my PRL Cobra CAIRace MAF
Cool good to know thanks

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
hey dude, cai. period. you either go big or go home. prl or 27won, either way youre golden.

and in NM you will never ever have to worry about hydrolock.

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag

Welcome ttohe CivicX platform! If you have any questions about Cold Air intakes for the CivicX you are always welcome to give us a call at 27WON. We are all about pushing the communities knowledge abut the platform.
Here is a great blog about the 27WON CAI design if you're curious.
https://www.27won.com/blog/27won-honda-civic-intake-design-breakdown-round-2

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I got the Injen X-1035 shield and it fits tighter.

@ChefBoyardeez10, we just talked about the differences of the X-1033 and X-1035 shields in this thread: https://www.civicx.com/threads/prl-cobra-cai-hydro-shield.31205/

If I was to ever buy another hydro shield for the PRL Cobra filter, I would go X-1033.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Good Morning and welcome to the 10th Gen civic community, if you are looking for an intake that is a true cold air then look no further than our cobra intake...With proven 9-14hp gains on our street MAF set up without a tune and fuel trims that are Honda OE...If you'd like to discuss more you can certainly contact us at the shop M-F 9am-6pm EST, we'd be happy to assist you with your end power goals as we make a full performance line for your CivicX....Once again, welcome to the community :)

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good Morning and welcome to the 10th Gen civic community, if you are looking for an intake that is a true cold air then look no further than our cobra intake...With proven 9-14hp gains on our street MAF set up without a tune and fuel trims that are Honda OE...If you'd like to discuss more you can certainly contact us at the shop M-F 9am-6pm EST, we'd be happy to assist you with your end power goals as we make a full performance line for your CivicX....Once again, welcome to the community :)
I second this.

OP
OP
ChefBoyardeez10

ChefBoyardeez10

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FC3
Country flag

I had a CAI on my speed3 before and it was in a good location. I do not really know how the fitment for the PRL intake looks, that is my only concern.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I had a CAI on my speed3 before and it was in a good location. I do not really know how the fitment for the PRL intake looks, that is my only concern.
Amazing fitment. There is a hidden compartment in the front left of the bumper(from sitting in the car perspective.) Thats where the CAI reachs. I think its a very genius design!
Sponsored