BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
It is definitely overpriced, but is a pretty awesome car. For sure it will outlast that BMW piece of shit Supra
you make a very good point. i forgot about that amazing german engineering lmao
Sponsored

OP
OP
Captaindicki

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Oh yeah, I remember the Celica! Unfortunately Toyota no longer has a dedicated infrastructure for sports cars, hence the reason the Supra has a freakin crap ass BMW engine that's going to break down. Toyota mainly builds cars that sell in large volumes, and sports cars don't sell in large volume
From my understanding, the BMW and Mercedes motors are the solid point of their cars. It's the rest of their package that breaks early and puts their owners in the poor house

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
From my understanding, the BMW and Mercedes motors are the solid point of their cars. It's the rest of their package that breaks early and puts their owners in the poor house
oh no, their engines are terrible as well. youre lucky if you get 100k out of them without any major issues.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Mercedes....maybe, at least better than BMW. BMW's have all types of issues, from electronics to engine. A common problem with especially their M series is that the oil they use is so thick that you have to literally warm it up so you don't damage the valves from oil starvation, Valve Stem seal replacement is very common.

Anyway, here is some additional information on their engine problems https://jalopnik.com/bmw-engines-are-gigantic-pieces-of-shit-1784684330

EDIT***************
After reading the article above, I guess BMW's are shittier than even I imagined.....

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
way too overpriced for what it is.
It may be expensive but it's a much better car. If I just went by what you said, it sounds like an awful car and your only specific complaint so far was the price

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Me personally both the Honda and Toyota is more dependable than a BMW in the long run and a better resale this is my opinion

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Me personally both the Honda and Toyota is more dependable than a BMW in the long run and a better resale this is my opinion
Well, the Supra will be the first unreliable Toyota because they wanted an inline 6....

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
For a while there was a rumor of a 4-door 86/FR-S. Even some renderings floating around. But nothing came of it. I have to say that a next-gen 86 with four doors, a fresh interior, and a boosted or evolved motor making at least 220hp or so would be one of the most desirable new cars imaginable.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For a while there was a rumor of a 4-door 86/FR-S. Even some renderings floating around. But nothing came of it. I have to say that a next-gen 86 with four doors, a fresh interior, and a boosted or evolved motor making at least 220hp or so would be one of the most desirable new cars imaginable.
The 86/BRZ is way to small for 4 doors, it would never happen. Also in my opinion the power is where it should be, boosting the power would make this car less manageable. This would be a car I would buy 5 to 10 years old as a weekend/project car

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
The 86/BRZ is way to small for 4 doors, it would never happen. Also in my opinion the power is where it should be, boosting the power would make this car less manageable. This would be a car I would buy 5 to 10 years old as a weekend/project car
It's already an adapted Impreza chassis. I see no necessary impediment to stretching the wheelbase (or stretching it back) a little and slapping an extra set of doors on it. And dang, it makes 150-something lb-ft of torque. Long, long way to go up there before making anything "unmanageable."

The U.S. market hasn't had a tight, affordable, compact, rwd 4-door sports sedan since the original IS300, probably. Even that was quasi-luxury. So maybe you have to go back to the 70's or early 80's for something for the masses.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
It's already an adapted Impreza chassis. I see no necessary impediment to stretching the wheelbase (or stretching it back) a little and slapping an extra set of doors on it. And dang, it makes 150-something lb-ft of torque. Long, long way to go up there before making anything "unmanageable."

The U.S. market hasn't had a tight, affordable, compact, rwd 4-door sports sedan since the original IS300, probably. Even that was quasi-luxury. So maybe you have to go back to the 70's or early 80's for something for the masses.
One of the best cars I owned! They came with the 2JZ, a 5 speed, limited slip, RWD- ugh!

I sold this earlier this year, after having almost 240k miles. One of the most reliable, fun and best feeling cars I have driven. Coming to the Si was different, but in many good ways. I do miss the RWD feel of that car, especially in the winter time and being able to pop the rear end out so easily. The Si is fun, nimble, economical and still a blast to drive overall. I have no regrets coming to it, but will always have a soft spot for the IS300s. Definitely will want to pick one up down the line from down south and mod/restore it up.

Honda Civic 10th gen And the winner is..... DSC_0050
Sponsored