Adova

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Looking to use Ethanol soon as well as a Turbo upgrade. I have an XDI pump and was wondering if injectors are a must / should have or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Adova

Adova

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
425 - 450. I was more curious to know if there would be any issues from a functional standpoint. e.g. it won't work. As I read more about ethanol and the fuel requirements, I am seeing that an in tank pump and filter are basically "required" as the ethanol will destroy the stock pump relatively quickly and foreign materials will be tough on the injectors.

Eventually, I will get getting the entire system, but I want to pace it out a bit and start with the pump if I can...

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
425 - 450. I was more curious to know if there would be any issues from a functional standpoint. e.g. it won't work. As I read more about ethanol and the fuel requirements, I am seeing that an in tank pump and filter are basically "required" as the ethanol will destroy the stock pump relatively quickly and foreign materials will be tough on the injectors.

Eventually, I will get getting the entire system, but I want to pace it out a bit and start with the pump if I can...
I made 417/434 with stock fuel system so you can start there and upgrade the intank pump and install the inline fuel filter to protect your stuff from the oem fuel filter.

I upgraded my high pressure fuel line, ran a rampage 3.5" maf housing which helped alot.

For 450 you'll need e50 which isn't alot but we'll beyond the stock stuff on ethanol. 1430s can take you pretty far but for high rpm work I would really push you to spring for 2000s. The 1430s are not too bad price wise so if 450 is the end goal they are fine. Most guys want more once they get comfortable with their power level and personally I prefer the top end of the old school hondas vs a bunch of torque down low where you'll just spin.

Also I'm using the rampage 4" maf housing which is awesome and I'm no longer using the maf signal which keeps the tune solid. Less fluctuations in the tune - you can talk to FK8td.com for more info and running without an maf signal. If your local to SoCal Jake from JSR can tune as well - JSR tuned my current setup 601/490 direct injection only - no port or meth needed. Simple setup

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ll be on a similar track as you soon, but no ethanol. I will only use pump 93 as there are no e85 pumps in the city. XDI HPFP, 2000cc injectors, and drilled line. I have a feeling I will only be in 420 to maybe 450 whp range with a drop in snail.

As fun as it looks online, I have no desire to buy ethanol drums and ship them to my house to run e50 haha. Methanol injection like John P might be the move…

OP
OP
Adova

Adova

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
My goal is to take the car to the edge of "very safe" without a built engine. I have no problem getting the 2000cc injectors, really, I just don't quite know all of the options that well, yet, and 1400 seemed common.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Kind of silly doing just XDI pump without injectors. I would do XDI, injectors and high pressure line all at the same time.

OP
OP
Adova

Adova

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Kind of silly doing just XDI pump without injectors. I would do XDI, injectors and high pressure line all at the same time.
That's where I think I am going, now. Looking at FK8TD injectors, but only the 1400's - 2000cc are too much money to put out right now. I found some V3 second hand (new), but I am curious to know what the difference is between V3 and V3.5 to see if it is worth the price savings.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the XDI, AEM in-tank, drilled line, 27Won Kuro and stock injectors on e40 tune. Had no issues reaching 450. Any further though and definitely would have required bigger injectors.
Sponsored