Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
Did you enable the pump in the Hondata software? XDI should have provided a license key that will be locked to the Flashpro when initiated.

When I bought the pump, XDI failed to include the key with the box when it shipped out. I had to call them and match up my unit against an internal list to get the code.
Yeah, XDi provided the seriel and software key. I got it all done. Uploaded the calibration and drove around my block to get the car initialized. Runs puuurfect. Now I'm just trying to schedule a dyno tune with my tuner.

P.S. I tend to fix my own mistakes shortly after I asked a question. Lmao. Been a while since I uploaded any calibration, so I had to do a little googling.
Sponsored

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Def following. I’m FBO and my latest datalog on my etune has fuel pump at 100% in midrange with 15-20 bar drop. I guess that’s a maxed out oem fuel pump. Haha

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Any way to drill the line while it's still attached, flow fuel through the line to clean out filings without attaching, and then attach as normal?

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any way to drill the line while it's still attached, flow fuel through the line to clean out filings without attaching, and then attach as normal?
It is something I wondered myself, but you'd want to drill as straight as possible. Wouldn't be as easy as being detached and placed between a vise

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Isn't the drilled end on the fuel rail side?

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I just bent that bracket out of the way the best I could when installing mine. I regret not drilling the line, as I'm still limited by fuel using E30 but I also upgraded to an RS550 turbo at the same time. I had intended to go back and drill the line, but my plans have changed and I'm now parting out the car.

With regards to the code to activate the pump in Flashpro, I had completely forgotten about that step. Does anyone know what effect that will have on my ability to resell the pump? Is there a way to un-pair it from my Flashpro or is it now only usable with my specific Flashpro? Certainly I should be able to resell it on it's own, right?

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Isn't the drilled end on the fuel rail side?
No. The drilled end is right there at the pump as you see in my picture. But to take the whole thing off amd do it right, is a pain in the ass back there above the intake manifold. Eventually I'll drill it, but I'll keep it as is for now.

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So tomorrow morning I leave to be tuned. Just to make things clear, my build is just to be simple and on regular 93 pump gas.
Before:
PRL front pipe
PRL catless Downpipe
PRL Intercooler
93 octane
Hondata
371whp on a dynojet

It now has those mods plus:
PRL charge Pipes
PRL thermal coated inlet pipe
PRL high volume intake
XDi high pressure fuel pump. (NO DRILLED LINE)

For now, my goal is to at least be able to break 400whp on 93. Wish me luck.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
So tomorrow morning I leave to be tuned. Just to make things clear, my build is just to be simple and on regular 93 pump gas.
Before:
PRL front pipe
PRL catless Downpipe
PRL Intercooler
93 octane
Hondata
371whp on a dynojet

It now has those mods plus:
PRL charge Pipes
PRL thermal coated inlet pipe
PRL high volume intake
XDi high pressure fuel pump. (NO DRILLED LINE)

For now, my goal is to at least be able to break 400whp on 93. Wish me luck.
Are you on a race or street MAF?

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I upgrade here and there. I can afford all these parts at once, but I do little by little. Race MAF, which was already on my mind, drill the high pressure line, possibly upgraded clutch, either PRL p600 turbo or Mitsubishi stage 2. I'll move forward inch by inch. Lol.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I upgrade here and there. I can afford all these parts at once, but I do little by little. Race MAF, which was already on my mind, drill the high pressure line, possibly upgraded clutch, either PRL p600 turbo or Mitsubishi stage 2. I'll move forward inch by inch. Lol.
Like a gentleman. I like it. I would go the MHI personally. I’ve seen local R’s with it and am very impressed with the power delivery. Plus you get OEM reliability

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Like a gentleman. I like it. I would go the MHI personally. I’ve seen local R’s with it and am very impressed with the power delivery. Plus you get OEM reliability
I am leaning towards MHI for that reason alone. Lol. To say to people it is the OEM turbo if they ever wonder how i beat them?‍♂ And reliability of course ?

Last edited:

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am leaning towards MHI for that reason alone. Lol. To say to people it is the OEM turbo if they ever wonder how i beat them?‍♂ And reliability of course ?
mhi for sure

OP
OP
Joescivic

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had some hiccups with the MAF, and possibly the high pressure line not being drilled, being the stock line going into a bigger pump. So I'll upgrade to the PRL race MAF and when one of his employees returns back to the shop, they'll drill the line for me, because I don't want to get back there myself. Lol. Oh, and of course, being on 93 octane kind of hurt too. So my best numbers were 390whp 394tq.

These cars really like being on e30 or other blends, because just a few bolt ons and e30 on one car, made 405whp on his dyno. Oh well, I tend to keep going with 93 and see what it can achieve.
Sponsored