White smoke

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
I was in line waiting at a star bucks drive-thru and when I was going to pull up to the window pop my car into first gear gave my car gas and saw some white smoke coming out of my exhaust. So I freaked got my drink I pulled over to a over near by amc parking lot and shut off the car I sat there about 5 mins and turn the car back on and gave it 2 revs to 3krpm and no smoke so I drove home paying attention to my rear view mirror I did not see any white smoke. What should I do?

My car 2019 civic si
Mods:
ark performance exhaust
Map intake non race maf
Rv6 turbo
Mishimoto intercooler
27won turbo inlet pipe
Rv6 catted down pipe front pipe combo
Ots tune Rv6 365 tune from d-rob
93 oct all time
Sponsored

Last edited:

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
First thing to do would be check coolant level I suppose?

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hopefully not head gasket issue but could be if burning coolant.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A head gasket issue would be accompanied by a reduction in power, and engine temps might be higher than normal.

Was it pretty cold out at the time?

Check the coolant level, for sure. The exhaust may also smell like coolant (disclaimer: I do not recommend huffing exhaust fumes. šŸ˜„ What I mean is that we all know what normal exhaust smells like, and a blown head gasket leaking coolant into the cylinder may also lead to exhaust that has a coolant-like scent). Also, your oil may or may not be contaminated, so, might want to check that also.

GL! šŸ¤žšŸ¼

vitooooo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VIC
Country flag
There is a difference between smoke and steam, which was it?

OP
OP
Yosteak

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
A head gasket issue would be accompanied by a reduction in power, and engine temps might be higher than normal.

Check the coolant level, for sure. The exhaust may also smell like coolant (disclaimer: I do not recommend huffing exhaust fumes. šŸ˜„ What I mean is that we all know what normal exhaust smells like, and a blown head gasket leaking coolant into the cylinder may also lead to exhaust that has a coolant-like scent). Also, your oil may or may not be contaminated, so, might want to check that also.

GL! šŸ¤žšŸ¼
Very warm outside no overheating issues

GL! šŸ¤žšŸ¼
No it was hot. I did check my coolant level and it is low. It is my daily driver so I am little worried to drive it back and forth from home to work.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very warm outside no overheating issues

No it was hot. I did check my coolant level and it is low. It is my daily driver so I am little worried to drive it back and forth from home to work.
hmm. Pull the plugs, check for contamination, which would show you if a cylinder is leaking. Also, a compression test is in order.

OP
OP
Yosteak

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
hmm. Pull the plugs, check for contamination, which would show you if a cylinder is leaking. Also, a compression test is in order.
Ok I will try that tonight after I get back from work thank you

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Keep eye on coolant and oil levels check every other day or so. Also keep an eye on temperature gauge especially when idling for extended time. If few weeks after and nothing changed then maybe was a fluke.

I drove with warped head on old 05 for more than year. It eventually got so bad I'd have to turn it off at a long light or while waiting in drive thru. Once it went over 35-40 air flow would return the temperature back to normal. Let's just say I tried to avoid heavy traffic and was constantly topping my coolant and oil.

OP
OP
Yosteak

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
Keep eye on coolant and oil levels check every other day or so. Also keep an eye on temperature gauge especially when idling for extended time. If few weeks after and nothing changed then maybe was a fluke.

I drove with warped head on old 05 for more than year. It eventually got so bad I'd have to turn it off at a long light or while waiting in drive thru. Once it went over 35-40 air flow would return the temperature back to normal. Let's just say I tried to avoid heavy traffic and was constantly topping my coolant and oil.
Ok thank you I just bought some more coolant and will be refilling it on my lunch break I will be checking my oil this Sunday. Thank you for the advice. I am going to go back to map 1 for now just until I am sure it is a head gasket issue