TSI

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats its, the gasket fix it and see what happends. If you seen the gasket was damaged its leaking
I got a new tune file from twostepperformance thanks to Corey and Derek! They basically raised my idle to 1100 rpms and after a small spirited drive, there were no smoke at all, it was pretty windy but I looked at it real hard and let it idle and there was still no smoke to be seen, I’ll drive it some more and report back by Saturday and let everyone know if the smoke comes back, but so far everything is good!
Sponsored

17SIYoDood

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si
Country flag
I don’t have a turbo timer but I def do have a timer in my head when I know I’ve been on it hard, after a spirited drive I do let the car idle for more than a minute majority of the time.
gotcha man. if your not overheating, your oil isnt milky obviously your head gasket is perfectly fine.... idek y anyone is even talking about that tbh... i guess everyone is an expert on here... i think its the turbo oil seals. i think the install and this happening was a mere coincidence. s*** happens right? you gotta pay to play...

Reactions: TSI
OP
OP
TSI

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
gotcha man. if your not overheating, your oil isnt milky obviously your head gasket is perfectly fine.... idek y anyone is even talking about that tbh... i guess everyone is an expert on here... i think its the turbo oil seals. i think the install and this happening was a mere coincidence. s*** happens right? you gotta pay to play...
Yeah my oil isn’t milky at all, checked the oil cap too and both looked perfectly normal, so far this morning while waiting at a drive thru there was regular condensation smoke coming out the exhaust but so was the other car in front of me, the smoke wasn’t lingering either so all is good so far.

mpir413

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
!!!waiting on update!!!:)

Reactions: TSI
OP
OP
TSI

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
!!!waiting on update!!!:)
Car is running just fine!! I’m almost at 50,000 miles and everything seems to be in check with the STFT and LTFT/AFR’s looks normal and knock Control stays usually at a constant 0.49 with 93 premium gas. I have a video update on YouTube in which I kinda explained what I did or what I think fixed it. I have no idea what actually fixed it as I had an overfill in oil and removed the excess or if changing my RPM’s to 1100 fixed it or doing both fixed it completely.
Sponsored