Whining noise at 65-75 mph with throttle

DriveSlowR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
About 1 month after getting my Type R I started hearing a whining noise around 65-75 MPH. I'm not sure if it was there before and I just didn't notice it but the noise comes with throttle application around that speed, 5th and 6th gear. It's not the turbo. It sounds like a loud fuel pump whine but coming from the powertrain. I was hoping it would go away with more miles but it's been 4k miles and sound is still here. Outside temps/engine temps may affect the sound. A/C on/off does not. The car drives perfect with no other concerns.

Is this whine normal for this car? I can live with it I just want to make sure it's not a potential issues. Any of you experience this sound and know what it is?
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
About 1 month after getting my Type R I started hearing a whining noise around 65-75 MPH. I'm not sure if it was there before and I just didn't notice it but the noise comes with throttle application around that speed, 5th and 6th gear. It's not the turbo. It sounds like a loud fuel pump whine but coming from the powertrain. I was hoping it would go away with more miles but it's been 4k miles and sound is still here. Outside temps/engine temps may affect the sound. A/C on/off does not. The car drives perfect with no other concerns.

Is this whine normal for this car? I can live with it I just want to make sure it's not a potential issues. Any of you experience this sound and know what it is?
The trans whines at those gears. But it does slightly.