Wheel Fitment - 18x9.5 +45 or +38

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I figured I would just ask on this thread first since my question is a bit similar to OP instead of starting a whole new thread.

I know I want an 18x9.5 +35 set up, but not many brands offer +35 offset for our car that look good or don't cost 3K+. So my question is, if I were to get a wheel I like in a 45 offset and also use a 10mm spacer, would that achieve the same result? Would the studs need to be replaced with longer ones? Any other consequences of doing something like that?

Thanks in advance for any help!
yes it would technically achieve the same results.

However, with a 10mm slip on spacer, you would need to get extended studs.
i would only feel comfortable running 5mm slip on MAX on the stock studs.
Sponsored

JJK18

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
yes it would technically achieve the same results.

However, with a 10mm slip on spacer, you would need to get extended studs.
i would only feel comfortable running 5mm slip on MAX on the stock studs.
Okay, thanks for the info. Another option would be a +38 wheel with 3mm spacer, you think that would be fine?
Anyone know good extended studs?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I figured I would just ask on this thread first since my question is a bit similar to OP instead of starting a whole new thread.

I know I want an 18x9.5 +35 set up, but not many brands offer +35 offset for our car that look good or don't cost 3K+. So my question is, if I were to get a wheel I like in a 45 offset and also use a 10mm spacer, would that achieve the same result? Would the studs need to be replaced with longer ones? Any other consequences of doing something like that?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Konig offers +35! Their ampliform wheels were really reasonable in price!

JJK18

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Konig offers +35! Their ampliform wheels were really reasonable in price!
Yeah I've seen them, I'm just not a huge fan of that design personally! They do have some other ones that looked decent though. I found some cool ones from a UK manufacturer but they wanted to charge more for shipping than the actual wheel set lol I was leaning towards the Motegi traklite 3's in bronze, but for our bolt pattern they only have +45. for +38 was thinking maybe the Superspeed RF03RR.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I've seen them, I'm just not a huge fan of that design personally! They do have some other ones that looked decent though. I found some cool ones from a UK manufacturer but they wanted to charge more for shipping than the actual wheel set lol I was leaning towards the Motegi traklite 3's in bronze, but for our bolt pattern they only have +45. for +38 was thinking maybe the Superspeed RF03RR.
Take a look at SuperSpeed wheels. I'm running the RF03RR. Great price, flow forged wheels @ 19lbs or so apiece. They stand behind their product quality with tons of testing, and they offer +38 offset.

https://www.super-speed.ca/

They are based out of Canada... If you are having trouble ordering, I went through this website:

https://www.wheelwiz.ca/

If you have any questions give them a call, I was extremely impressed with their customer service helping me get mine ordered.

Quality is great too I had no issues with mine when they came in. FWIW, the Satin Bronze they offer is a bit dark and actually tends to look a bit grey in photos.

JJK18

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Take a look at SuperSpeed wheels. I'm running the RF03RR. Great price, flow forged wheels @ 19lbs or so apiece. They stand behind their product quality with tons of testing, and they offer +38 offset.

They are based out of Canada... If you are having trouble ordering, I went through this website:

If you have any questions give them a call, I was extremely impressed with their customer service helping me get mine ordered.

Quality is great too I had no issues with mine when they came in. FWIW, the Satin Bronze they offer is a bit dark and actually tends to look a bit grey in photos.
Thanks! Yeah I actually talked with wheel wiz a few months back and they were pretty helpful. How was it getting them across the border? Any fees or anything like that to know of?
good to know about the bronze.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

Superspeed makes really decent quality wheels that a lot of us Canadians have been running. I've had a set on my Si, and now on my CTR. Both sets have seen track use.

There's no US distribution yet, I'm looking into it :)

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! Yeah I actually talked with wheel wiz a few months back and they were pretty helpful. How was it getting them across the border? Any fees or anything like that to know of?
Actually was pretty straightforward, no extra fees or anything out of the ordinary. I think it was pretty quick as well, almost surprisingly fast delivery.

roro40p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 TYPE R-11883
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought mine through CARid and were shipped to my house pretty quick ... really like the look and have had no issues with them, Running 18x 9.5 +38 ,,,255/40/18

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel Fitment - 18x9.5 +45 or +38 angle 3

Last edited:

JJK18

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
I bought mine through CARid and were shipped to my house pretty quick ... really like the look and have had no issues with them, Running 18x 9.5 +38 ,,,255/40/18

angle 3.jpeg
nice, those are the RF06RR? looks like the satin bronze is a bit darker than the pics they have online like Drew was saying. I like that better though I think. I'll take a look at CarID, thanks!

JJK18

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag

angle 3.jpeg
Quick question. Looking on carID, they show the bolt pattern as 5x120.65 as shown in the picture below. That's the only 5x120 option they have. Is that incorrect? does it need to be exactly 5x120 to work with our bolt pattern? When you ordered from them was that how it was?

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel Fitment - 18x9.5 +45 or +38 1642626110922

roro40p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 TYPE R-11883
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick question. Looking on carID, they show the bolt pattern as 5x120.65 as shown in the picture below. That's the only 5x120 option they have. Is that incorrect? does it need to be exactly 5x120 to work with our bolt pattern? When you ordered from them was that how it was?

1642626110922.png
yea that the one I bought ....