What LED or HID Headlights are you running?

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
If you guys are just planning to drop in some pnp hids, I would save some money and just go with ddm tuning. I know that they have a very rocky history in the internet forums, but I have never had issues with the kits from ddm ame I have had about 4 kits from them. I dont feel that spending more money will help improve the halogen projectors that much. If you are going retrofit, that is a different story and the kit will make a difference
Sponsored

WingKing76

Embrace the Grind, Because the Grind is Real!!!
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I'll try to get some pics later tonight, but I'm running the oEdRo h11 LEDs. They have LED chips on all sides, which I thought was interesting, so I decided to try them out. They were about $50, so not too bad of a price either. I originally had DDMTuning's HIDs in, which I really liked, but decided just to try LEDs. The throw is okay, probably just as good as stock halogens. A little better than I thought, though. The color is a bit more blue than our DRLs but it still isn't too bad. I think I'll put HIDs back in though, I live next to the ocean so it's always foggy and I definitely can't see as well as when I had HIDs in. I have a pair of Morimoto's that's been laying in my trunk..
I purchased the same lights but mine came damaged and leaking oil.

dcjes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
55W or 35W for low beams with the TRS HID? Pro/cons?

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What LED or HID Headlights are you running? bd37588e3e8c46b6a94fb971092aa98a

Lets get this thread going again, since it's been a year. Whats everyone using in their 2018 and newer Civics?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ddm ballast and bulbs, morimoto harness. Not sure what bulb I'll switch to when the ddm go, but so far it's a vast improvement over the stock halogen and the kitana led kit I had

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I’ve never upgraded to hid or led on any of my previous vehicles, so I can’t compare between the two, but i went with morimoto 2stroke 2.0s on my Xgen, and am very happy with them.

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
Ddm ballast and bulbs, morimoto harness. Not sure what bulb I'll switch to when the ddm go, but so far it's a vast improvement over the stock halogen and the kitana led kit I had
Where did you buy these and are they plug and play?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you buy these and are they plug and play?
I bought the harness from theretrofitsource and the hid kit directly from ddm tuning. TRS shipped very quickly. Ddm took about 3 weeks to arrive from China
Sponsored