Led or Hid headlights

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
If the headlight is adjusted correctly, you won't have any issues with "blinding" other drivers. I do see some lights where you just have to squint just to see, but all of that would be fixed if people adjusted them. I'm looking for some brigh LED's. But I'm not going to be that guy that blinds you down the road.
Sponsored

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
nice man. i like how you set up your ballasts(from your other post in a different topic). could you post up some night shots? i was a past TRS customer, now that i got a civic, i hate the output. heavily leaning towards getting the xb55 6500k. did the bulb fit right in? no issues with fitting?
Thanks, I actually will be cleaning up the wiring/mounting positions in a few weeks, still feel I can do better. TRS was great to deal with. Kit came well-packed & I was surprised at how good the quality is. No fitting issues at all, everything plugged in like it was OEM. Since we have projectors, the light pattern is pretty good - the aim was high from the factory so I adjusted it downwards just a bit. The XB35 ballast is pretty bright already, why are you leaning towards XB55?

thekid23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic ex
Thanks, I actually will be cleaning up the wiring/mounting positions in a few weeks, still feel I can do better. TRS was great to deal with. Kit came well-packed & I was surprised at how good the quality is. No fitting issues at all, everything plugged in like it was OEM. Since we have projectors, the light pattern is pretty good - the aim was high from the factory so I adjusted it downwards just a bit. The XB35 ballast is pretty bright already, why are you leaning towards XB55?
Because I read this on their site...
"Most OEM projectors out there come standard with what is known as "fresnel" lenses. These projector lenses have circular lines molded into their surface, and are often produced with less than optically clear glass. So what? Well the fresnel lines and frosted/ translucent glass dim the output and soften the beam pattern so the projectors aren't performing to their full potential. A true clear lens will help maximize the performance of the projector compared to the "detuned" stock lenses. Think of a projector just like any other original part on your car, of course there will always be an aftermarket performance/aesthetic upgrade available. Why doesn't the car come with the most free flowing exhaust from the factory? Why aren't the throw's in the transmission shorter? The brakes stronger? The headlights brighter?"
I had the XB35 H1 on my 2012 Escape and loved the output, would hate the fact the fresnel lenses would dull the output.

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty happy with my 4300k HIDs.

ph0t0guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t, 2007 toyota sienna
Country flag

johnnytavani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger Daytona 392
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get them yet? I am interested in the no extra wiring as well. Wanted to know if there are any heat issues etc.
No I haven't yet. I'm still debating on them and the OPT7 that everyone seems to be getting. Maybe next week.

ai4px

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fit, 2016 Civic
I've got a touring 2016 with LED headlamps and they are wonderful. Not sure how aftermarket LEDs are going to workout in the normal reflector housing for standard headlights. Have considered LEDs for my motorcycle, but same concerns.... they won't concentrate the light enough with reflector housings not meant for LED.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Another question I have is where all LED headlights are the same, like between the Accord/Civic Touring lights and the Acura jewel eye projector style headlights. Are the projector lights better, brighter or are the differences just styling

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Another question I have is where all LED headlights are the same, like between the Accord/Civic Touring lights and the Acura jewel eye projector style headlights. Are the projector lights better, brighter or are the differences just styling
Projector lamps tend to have sharper cutoffs.
Sponsored