Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Here in Florida, temps are consistently 85+ degrees. I installed my 27WON CAI and in stop and go traffic I noticed that my temp shot from 96-98F to 125-132F? Is that bad? Any tips to make the temps more consistent and/or better?
Sponsored

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Noob question sorry, i take it your reading your iat from atuner? Just making sure I didn’t have the capability stock lol

Last edited:

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Its normal for temps to go up like that when you sit idling. There's no fresh air coming in so the heat from the engine will start raising the intake temperatures.

The only other mod to help with that is a bigger intercooler.

There isn't really anything else you can do to keep temps down consistently with such high ambient temps like that. Especially in stop and go city traffic.

*I had the idea of buying a cheap windshield wiper resvoir/pump and rigging it up to spray the intercooler. But theres not a lot of space down there to put something quick and easy together so I didnt bother.
Just an idea for anyone who actually wants to do the work for it

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Noob question sorry, i take it your reading your iat from atuner? Just making sure I didn’t have the capability stock lol
Stock as in reading it straight from the car? No.
But it is possible to get a ktuner or hondata and just lock it to your vehicle without flashing a tune and you can read the info its giving out.

Im unsure if a regular OBII scanner has that capability. Haven't bothered looking for that type of info on mine since I use ktuner for that.
Sponsored