NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just flashed tsp stage one, this time with advanced vsa set to moderate setting to not pull back the throttle so hard. I threw it on map3 and started driving around for a while to see if this light that keeps blinking in the corner of my eye went away. I tried to take a video and didnt see anything but before that I swore I did. Anyway all that and I got home and look at the knock counter and its at .62! Is this really bad what is going on please help!?!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just flashed tsp stage one, this time with advanced vsa set to moderate setting to not pull back the throttle so hard. I threw it on map3 and started driving around for a while to see if this light that keeps blinking in the corner of my eye went away. I tried to take a video and didnt see anything but before that I swore I did. Anyway all that and I got home and look at the knock counter and its at .62! Is this really bad what is going on please help!?!
bump. Please I really need some input here. Noob just trying to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong here.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Are you talking about the VSA light? That does flash when you start to lose traction. Other than that idk what else that could be.

For the .62 k control, it's not uncommon to see the k control rise to that level after some hard driving. More so if your not using 93. It could also go up from a bad batch of fuel.

As long as it returns to .49 and isnt constantly that high or continues to go higher, you'll be fine.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
That’s Knock control not knock count. A higher number represents lower octane fuel. Also increasing to higher boost makes the number go up cause the ecu removes more ignition timing. Like I as mentioned above a bad tank of fuel will cause the same issue also. I get fuel from the same gas station company all the time.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
I'm running 91 in Canada and I get to .6x after doing a few consecutive pulls or driving at high rpms for a while. I think it's fine, I've heard members get up to .7-.8 driving hard too. I'm on map 3 TSP 1.

Telly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
Your car may just have to “learn” the tune. I’ve been running TSP stage 1 strictly on map 3 for 3 months now and even after hard pulls I stay around .49. Run it for a week or two and check again

also try to fill up at top tier gas stations if you can. I only fill up at Mobil or Costco for my 93.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I've upgraded to mishimoto intercooler, Cobra Cai. Reflashed to the prlracemaf tune. Then went back altered vsa then flashed.. and then got gas at what I think may have not been great gas. I drove it around easy last night and got it to .59. Would it stay high from bad gas until the fuel tank is empty?

Telly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I've upgraded to mishimoto intercooler, Cobra Cai. Reflashed to the prlracemaf tune. Then went back altered vsa then flashed.. and then got gas at what I think may have not been great gas. I drove it around easy last night and got it to .59. Would it stay high from bad gas until the fuel tank is empty?
Yes, if you’re running bad gas that can cause your knock to go up. That’s why I recommend filling up at top tier gas stations if you have any local to your area. I fill up with exclusively top tier and my knock sits around .49 all the time

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yes, if you’re running bad gas that can cause your knock to go up. That’s why I recommend filling up at top tier gas stations if you have any local to your area. I fill up with exclusively top tier and my knock sits around .49 all the time
strong feeling that might be what this is? again I looked back at datalogs before the upgrades and the gas and stepping on it I saw .59 pretty often

Telly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
strong feeling that might be what this is? again I looked back at datalogs before the upgrades and the gas and stepping on it I saw .59 pretty often
If I recall correctly GTMan has said in the past anything under .6 or .65 is fine (dont quote me on that)

I would definitely try to fill up with high tier gas next time you run your tank out and see what your numbers are looking like then. If that doesn’t work- check to make sure the tune is the Race MAF version, reflash, and check again.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
If I recall correctly GTMan has said in the past anything under .6 or .65 is fine (dont quote me on that)

I would definitely try to fill up with high tier gas next time you run your tank out and see what your numbers are looking like then. If that doesn’t work- check to make sure the tune is the Race MAF version, reflash, and check again.
How do you feel about putting expensive spark plugs in. I know they are most likely not broken, so maybe I shouldnt fix them but im just wondering.. Thanks again for all the input and help. I dont know what I would do without you guys .. really =D
Sponsored