redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I’ve always maintained a 0.49 for knock control, but it’s always gone up after a flash - usually to .57-.59.
justbe easy on the car and drive around until you can get it down. A good way to do this is shift early when you’re going through gears - I can’t remember exactly why this helps, but I know it’s worked for me in the past. I’ll get to like 4th gear only going like 35 or so and then just cruise And repeat that process.
right now I just put my first tank of ethanol in it and I’m running at E37 right now and my knock control has been consistently around .55. I don’t think I’ve driven it enough to really try and get it down, but does anyone know if it’s normal to have it a bit higher when running flex fuel? I mix it with 93 oct
Sponsored

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I have a gut feeling that it has to do with re flashing and crappy gas. I dont have enough experience to stand on that though. Anybody else have some input on whether .62 after re flashing and pushing the car kinda hard in 100 Degrees would do this? Most importantly is the car safe and im ok? Again I got it down to .59 by trying to remain at 0 boost.

Telly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I have a gut feeling that it has to do with re flashing and crappy gas. I dont have enough experience to stand on that though. Anybody else have some input on whether .62 after re flashing and pushing the car kinda hard in 100 Degrees would do this? Most importantly is the car safe and im ok? Again I got it down to .59 by trying to remain at 0 boost.
The car is fine. .62 isn’t too high. Let the car learn the tune, fuel up on top tier gas, and don’t use octane boosters. You’ll be fine.

I understand why you’re freaking out, but there is no real reason to right now lol

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
The car is fine. .62 isn’t too high. Let the car learn the tune, fuel up on top tier gas, and don’t use octane boosters. You’ll be fine.

I understand why you’re freaking out, but there is no real reason to right now lol
thank you so much
Sponsored