What did you pay In California for EX-T ? Should I wait for 2017 model ?

2016 or 2017?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jonjon2585

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra 04
Country flag
I'm currently waiting to purchase a new Civic until the end of the year because I am unsure if I purchase the 2016 or the 2017 model because of the Audio Display problems I have heard and read about which would annoying to frustration considering the only solution is hope you are lucky and do not get to experience any of the issues others have. This is my main concern because the dealer where I went to test drive seemed unsure even though he mention the car had undergone a software update. Before and during the test drive the car was getting all kinds of warnings and failure messages which put me on edge enough to consider test driving it again but with more focus on the Audio Display. I would appreciate any tips on how to get a good deal. So far my best quote is 23,131.87 out the door which I know does not mean much since it varies but the tax rate in my location is 9% percent.
Sponsored

NewtonDuong1302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota matrix
Same as me. I'm going to buy a new Civic sedan Ex-T at end of this year or early next year. I wanna buy a new one, but I'm hesitating between 2016 and 2017 models, since they have no difference. Will buying a new 2016 model be a better bargain than 2017 model? Any ideas guys ?

Garciaed622

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic
bro i got a way cheaper odo price by just emailing autonation honda about being interested and wanting a lower price than what true car had it as 20,600$ around there. NOw im planning to email surrounding dealers to see if they can beat the written quote with fees included to lower my odo.

OP
OP

jonjon2585

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra 04
Country flag
bro i got a way cheaper odo price by just emailing autonation honda about being interested and wanting a lower price than what true car had it as 20,600$ around there. NOw im planning to email surrounding dealers to see if they can beat the written quote with fees included to lower my odo.
Really I always thought that true at was using incentives I would not qualify for or that it was too unrealistically low that a dealer would not even consider it. If you don't mind me asking what is the best offer you have gone so far.

OP
OP

jonjon2585

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra 04
Country flag
Same as me. I'm going to buy a new Civic sedan Ex-T at end of this year or early next year. I wanna buy a new one, but I'm hesitating between 2016 and 2017 models, since they have no difference. Will buying a new 2016 model be a better bargain than 2017 model? Any ideas guys ?
I mean patience is virtue in that if you can hold off buy the 2017 then there is the possibility of an updated Audio Display system but if you're willing to look past that and risk getting a bad system then you'll get a great deal on the 2016 model.

Garciaed622

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic
bro 2016 to a 2017 obviously there will be differences but think about it how many times you walk in a dealership and they get offended or bothered when you talk about discount on a 2016 model lol its like i understand its a business but at the end of the day they don't really offer true car prices when they give you a "Black Friday" special. Email auto nation and another dealer like Cerritos asking for price quotes that are similar to true car or lower and they will work with you also ask for state farm or any company that offers loans and compare aprs before stepping inside a dealer to be able to not only compare prices but aprs because that is where money also comes into play.

Garciaed622

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic
those prices of true care are firm wether your credit is bad or not. Credit comes into play as a tactic for dealers to increase price and apr as well as gap and Honda Care, it makes sense in some rare occasions but for the most part not if you get a good deal.

OP
OP

jonjon2585

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra 04
Country flag
those prices of true care are firm wether your credit is bad or not. Credit comes into play as a tactic for dealers to increase price and apr as well as gap and Honda Care, it makes sense in some rare occasions but for the most part not if you get a good deal.
You have a point thanks for the tips.

Dave_Ess562

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic lx
So i recently bought my 2016 Honda Civic CVT 4 dr Sedan.I ended up putting down 2k down and im paying 190 a month for a 36 month term with a 12k/yr limit a yea and the total price of the vehicle was 17.7k and the residual value is 11.9k if i decide to buy out the car. is it wise to return the vehicle or buy it considering i love the car already..
Sponsored