What did you do to your Type R today?

Oelandsir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mazda cx5
Paragon rotors and P2 pads - front and rear.

Also bled the brake fluid.

Installed new fog lights too!

IMG_1676.jpeg

IMG_1679.jpeg
IMG_1680.jpeg
IMG_1681.jpeg
IMG_1683.jpeg
Looks awesome!!
Today, I made sure my Type R is road trip-ready. I plan a road trip soon, so I had to confirm my car is in top condition. From checking the tire pressure to topping up fluids, I want everything running smoothly for the trip ahead. I love to travel by car and exploring new places. By the way, any reviews of smugglers notch resort customer service? Plus, with the Type R's performance, it's sure to be an exhilarating ride. Can't wait to see where the road takes me next.

Last edited:

jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R #44709, 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo
Country flag
2 weeks until my warranty is up so I had the dealership inspect the valve cover gasket one last time. Sure enough it was starting to pool up near the intake manifold so they replaced it for free.. I'm amazed this is not a recall at this point....

PK1

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Type R, 2003 DC5 RSX, 1999 Civic
Country flag
INSTALLED new PRL INTERCOOLER, EVENTURI INTAKE, PRL CHARGEPIPES, RADIUM TANK

A bit tricky and was worried about the intake with the PRL inlet but it worked out well, the lower intake piece took the longest to figure out how to mount lol

Will have my prl fk8 intake for sale soon i guess.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_8682.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_8681.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_8684.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_8683.JPG

PK1

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Type R, 2003 DC5 RSX, 1999 Civic
Country flag
Haven't done anything to my FK8 lately, but did manage to finally finish my 8020 sim rig setup. Splurged a little on the Mugen MX-A bucket seat to keep my Honda theme going, and it's pretty comfortable.

Still dialing everything in, but managed to take the TCR FK8 around Tsukuba in Assetto Corsa. Unfortunately, my rig is more set up for F1 racing, but will soon be adding a regular wheel, shifter, and 3rd pedal to the set up.

1000013134.jpg
1000013139.jpg

1000013131.jpg
Clean setup, one day for now just have a simple logitech kit with a red bull seat. Sadly rarely get to race due to time

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Yes, it'll fit but this portion doesn't get covered.
PXL_20240428_151547997.jpg
The fitment on the style you bought looks best, I have the Honda OEM ones (same style) on my sedan. You just have to remove (or cut) that foam baffle thing, which is why I think they designed the other ones like they did. I could not figure out what function that served .... I used a Honda push clip to fill the one hole it leaves open in the plastic cowl area.

Airflow

But what I really wanted to ask was the venting...

I believe the CTR hood scoop vents into a channel that runs left-right and would presumably blow air into the fender area, and then out the flared vents you guys have?

So wouldn't using the full engine left-right trim panels block this off?

Certainly the Varis hood promotes this kind of airflow, they even have an airflow diagram on their page

https://varisna.com/product/varis-arising-i-cooling-bonnet-hood-for-fk8-honda-civic-type-r/

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 1716480990650-1

The optional Varis hood ducts from their widebody kit seems to offer a different path for airflow, except that unless you cut a hole in the hood / fender, then I'm not clear on how air actually gets OUT this duct?

https://varisna.com/product/varis-carbon-cooling-bonnet-hood-side-ducts-for-fk8-honda-civic-type-r/

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 1716480711158-g3

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My boy and ai are Back at trying to get the VR Ti exhaust to where I like it and I think i finally found it. Added a second Variant Ti resonator, and open valve sounds high pitched with virtually no drone, closed valve i get a slight drone on decel around 2k which doesn't bother me at all, since its really low tone. highway cruise at 3k-4k rpm there’s no drone at all. This is also while increasing their original front pipe merge from 2.5” to 3”.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_0248

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
The fitment on the style you bought looks best, I have the Honda OEM ones (same style) on my sedan. You just have to remove (or cut) that foam baffle thing, which is why I think they designed the other ones like they did. I could not figure out what function that served .... I used a Honda push clip to fill the one hole it leaves open in the plastic cowl area.

Airflow

But what I really wanted to ask was the venting...

I believe the CTR hood scoop vents into a channel that runs left-right and would presumably blow air into the fender area, and then out the flared vents you guys have?

So wouldn't using the full engine left-right trim panels block this off?

Certainly the Varis hood promotes this kind of airflow, they even have an airflow diagram on their page

https://varisna.com/product/varis-arising-i-cooling-bonnet-hood-for-fk8-honda-civic-type-r/

1716480990650-1p.png

The optional Varis hood ducts from their widebody kit seems to offer a different path for airflow, except that unless you cut a hole in the hood / fender, then I'm not clear on how air actually gets OUT this duct?

https://varisna.com/product/varis-carbon-cooling-bonnet-hood-side-ducts-for-fk8-honda-civic-type-r/

1716480711158-g3.png
It definitely blocks airflow with the Varis hood. Not so sure about with OEM hood but I don't track my car and it's pretty easy to remove the panel. I mainly got it to fix my laziness of rerouting the wire.