First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This happened to me today

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 520891D3-72C1-4EBC-91D3-1E7C29D746E6
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let’s play Clue. I think it was Professor Clumseau who hit the top of the taillight in the garage with a (towel wrapped) candlestick.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agh. Insurance time. Btw they will cover ceramic coating of the replacement bumper, if the original had it to begin with.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Installed this bad boy today and fixed the factory steering wheel alignment a lot of us have experienced (which was made worse when my wheel was replaced under warranty a few months ago). The wheel is about 5.0 lbs vs 2.5 lbs stock (wheel only, no trim/controls) which was quite surprising to me. You do feel the weight of the wheel when you use it as well, everything just feels smoother making the wheel easier to turn (in a similar manner a weighted shift knob makes stuff easier to shift). Forgive the mess in the car, it's winter time and not my favorite time to clean (if you look close enough you'll see snow outside the car!).

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_7793.JPG

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Installed this bad boy today and fixed the factory steering wheel alignment a lot of us have experienced (which was made worse when my wheel was replaced under warranty a few months ago). The wheel is about 5.0 lbs vs 2.5 lbs stock (wheel only, no trim/controls) which was quite surprising to me. You do feel the weight of the wheel when you use it as well, everything just feels smoother making the wheel easier to turn (in a similar manner a weighted shift knob makes stuff easier to shift). Forgive the mess in the car, it's winter time and not my favorite time to clean (if you look close enough you'll see snow outside the car!).

IMG_7793.JPG
Where you buy this?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Where you buy this?
IS_autogroup (Import Spec Autogroup) on Instagram. They don't have an online store yet, so you have to contact them on Instagram. Pricing varies based on options, this wheel was 450 + shipping over the Black Friday weekend (500 + shipping otherwise), adding red CF on the bottom would cost you an additional 30, for example.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Looks great installed. Quality, everything is great-I'd 100% recommend Ivan. It does help that I'm a couple of miles away from him and could bop on down and pick mine up. I'm totally stoked with the purchase too. Well worth it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Looks great installed. Quality, everything is great-I'd 100% recommend Ivan. It does help that I'm a couple of miles away from him and could bop on down and pick mine up. I'm totally stoked with the purchase too. Well worth it.
The quality and build of the wheel is great.

BurgerSlayer

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First oil change on my 19 CTR. 7975 on the odometer. Used Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 and a Mobil 1 Extended Performance Filter and new Crush Washer. I had the famous OEM filter leak when I removed the shield. Also did wheel rotation while I was at it.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag

IMG_7793.JPG
First off, looks great, really like how it all looks together.

Do you have something over the center section at the bottom of the wheel, or is that just the lighting? Almost looks like it has a matte finish. I hate how prone that area is to fingerprints and been considering wrapping it with something.

Also, how well does the carbon fiber on the wheel match the factory trim? I've been considering a new wheel, but I'd like it to match the other interior materials. Was thinking about doing carbon and alcantara on the sides where yours is red leather.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
First off, looks great, really like how it all looks together.

Do you have something over the center section at the bottom of the wheel, or is that just the lighting? Almost looks like it has a matte finish. I hate how prone that area is to fingerprints and been considering wrapping it with something.

Also, how well does the carbon fiber on the wheel match the factory trim? I've been considering a new wheel, but I'd like it to match the other interior materials. Was thinking about doing carbon and alcantara on the sides where yours is red leather.
The CF has a matted finish; I don't have anything over the center section of the bottom of the wheel. The CF weave on the wheel is a little smaller than that on the interior trim (fake CF). While the large blocks kind of stand out on the stock interior trim, the individual fibers of the CF shimmer in the hard interior lighting. I'll have a look at it during the daytime since lighting can change a lot of stuff. At night you don't really nice any of the CF (interior or wheel) while driving.

ejburritos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Mk6 GTI, Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
installed Optix Autolabs clear switchback side markers. The turn signal feature is awesome.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 3906C767-6F71-480E-A3D6-8A20BFD67C76

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag

IMG_7793.JPG
This wheel looks amazing! Also, do you have LED interior lighting? If so what brand?
Sponsored