First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That will not void your warranty. I know it's an uphill and expensive battle not worth fighting to combat Honda saying an aftermarket part is voiding coverage of something... But unless it is installed so horribly it plugs the exhaust line, them saying a muffler voids anything is like telling you an air freshener voided your warranty.

Didn't see you have 2.0L... Don't think that's much of a tire-shredder.

Regular fluid checks, brake fluid and oil changes, filter replacement, and the like are all you need to worry about. Take the car to a mechanic to have the suspension inspection and valve clearance adjustment per the maintenance schedule. Should be a relatively low-maintenance vehicle.
My car is a 2.0 4 cylinder. I think once my MM hits 40% I’ll take it to the Honda dealership for service. Luckily there’s one right near by house. Would they know what to look for when replacing the oil? Apparently there’s two different packages you can purchase. MM A and MM B. But since I reset my oil and oil filter changed, it went from B to A? But still shows 1 2 and 7 on the dash. I have a copy of the car fax report but last time it was serviced it just showed the oil was changed and oil filter. Nothing else was done.
Sponsored

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car is a 2.0 4 cylinder. I think once my MM hits 40% I’ll take it to the Honda dealership for service. Luckily there’s one right near by house. Would they know what to look for when replacing the oil? Apparently there’s two different packages you can purchase. MM A and MM B. But since I reset my oil and oil filter changed, it went from B to A? But still shows 1 2 and 7 on the dash. I have a copy of the car fax report but last time it was serviced it just showed the oil was changed and oil filter. Nothing else was done.
A and B are directed my MM. Look up what the numbers mean. See the manual. Also a post here:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/a7-maintenance-minder.22289/post-377313

IMO, the oil filter should be changed whenever the oil is (especially if using the OE Filter). Let the MM notice for oil get down to 10-15% at the earliest consideration. I've driven 500mi past 0% and an oil analysis indicated I could have gone more than another 1000mi.
Your other numbers indicate tire rotation, brake fluid change, and various inspections.

How many miles does the car have, and do you have a warranty? Warranty or not, you don't need to use a dealership or Honda parts for service. You'll pay less for maintenance at a garage vs the dealership too. You could choose to apply that cost difference toward the every-change oil filter, and better oil and filter. Not trying to start an oil thread... I personally use a Fram Ultra (< $9) and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (< $25 for 5qt). Other popular oils are Mobil 1, Shell Rotella T6, Amsoil, Motul; A 5qt jug runs between $21-34 for any of these.

If you get a jack (or two - difficult to get the whole front up bc clearance), a pair of jackstands, a bag of crush washers, an oil drain pan, and a multi-gallon container to hold used oil (until you go through a 5qt jug to fill and drop off at a store nearby if you don't have oil recycling in your area)... You can perform the maintenance yourself, still get the better oil/filter, and only take the car to a mechanic for the inspections when called for or when you care to. Savings on shop labor and inflated parts costs add up, and can be pocketed or applied to better tires when those need replacing.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks man! It's been raining today so I won't be able to check, but I just ordered some MAF spray to clean it up a bit when I finally take it out. My car only has 34k miles and my MPG is around 36. I really don't think I need to change it at all, but it'll be a nice thing to maintain!
What is MAF spray? Sorry I’m a noob here lol

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wash and wax often. Keep the inside of the car clean also. So many cars I have seen with 60k on them and they have holes in the carpet from grinding sand and dirt into it with there feet. Rust starts quicker if the car is dirty all the time also.
What’s a good spot remover for non-leather seats? Apparently the guy at dealership didn’t do a good spot clean on the arm rest in the door and there’s a spot but it looks to be faded ? not sure if it’s just a stain spot or something it can’t be fixed.

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
What’s a good spot remover for non-leather seats? Apparently the guy at dealership didn’t do a good spot clean on the arm rest in the door and there’s a spot but it looks to be faded ? not sure if it’s just a stain spot or something it can’t be fixed.
I use Chemical Guys foaming citrus fabric clean for my cloth interior; it does the job well. You can get on Amazon and dilute it 18:1. (0.85oz of product to 15.15oz distilled water). I simply spray onto my microfiber towel and rub it in.

Honda Civic 10th gen What’s maintenance that people should do to their civic once in a while 522D6F37-CCED-414C-BB74-287DA8C6AE80

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I use Chemical Guys foaming citrus fabric clean for my cloth interior; it does the job well. You can get on Amazon and dilute it 18:1. (0.85oz of product to 15.15oz distilled water). I simply spray onto my microfiber towel and rub it in.
I definitely need to do that for my car lol.

On another note, I tried to change my spark plugs today but I didn't know our cars are a 14 mm socket. I had a 16 and was sad that that didn't work lol. Another day I guess.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I definitely need to do that for my car lol.

On another note, I tried to change my spark plugs today but I didn't know our cars are a 14 mm socket. I had a 16 and was sad that that didn't work lol. Another day I guess.
Got my new spark plug socket. Let's see if it works.

EDIT: My dumb ass didn't get the spark plug socket with an extension bar because I thought I didn't need it. Well, I do, and now the damn socket is stuck in my spark plug hole ugh! Well, at least the 14 mm tool works lmao. Let's see if I can find a 3/8 extension bar someplace closeby.

Last edited:

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ask for YOUR curbside delivery.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

522D6F37-CCED-414C-BB74-287DA8C6AE80.jpeg
Are you talking about this stuff?
Honda Civic 10th gen What’s maintenance that people should do to their civic once in a while 845A7C50-104B-4824-BC35-F7248EBA5B23

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, I got my thing and took out a spark plug to inspect it. It was absolutely beautiful, and small too haha. But yeah it's in perfect condition, the electrode nice and prominent. I'm not gonna replace them at 3 years/33.5k miles; they should definitely last longer eh? Thanks for the maintenance item though guys!

Also, I am gonna buy a bottle of that cleaner soon; I definitely need it.

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
You know where to find a good deal on cleaning microfiber towels?
Gone are the days you could score a 12 pack of Chemical Guys Workhorse 70/30 blend towels for $15 ? However, it looks like you can get a 3 pack of the Black ones for $7.49($2.50/per) on Amazon.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gone are the days you could score a 12 pack of Chemical Guys Workhorse 70/30 blend towels for $15 ? However, it looks like you can get a 3 pack of the Black ones for $7.49($2.50/per) on Amazon.
Thanks! How do those work? Are they towels already manufactured with the solvent on them?

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Thanks! How do those work? Are they towels already manufactured with the solvent on them?
No they are just regular towels; you spray the solvent into the towel and wipe everything down that way. Microfiber towels are washable though.
Sponsored