First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! How do those work? Are they towels already manufactured with the solvent on them?
I’m curious too! I just washed my car through the car wash because apparently I didn’t mix the solution of car wash my boyfriend had properly so I was left with massive amount of water spots :( but when I went through the car wash, I made sure to dry any water spots that was left. Including the back side of my trunk.
Honda Civic 10th gen What’s maintenance that people should do to their civic once in a while 258E1AB9-AD8C-447E-B260-7D999E14E73A
Honda Civic 10th gen What’s maintenance that people should do to their civic once in a while 90DCF2D9-2313-4F5D-85A4-69D0A480241F

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I’m curious too! I just washed my car through the car wash because apparently I didn’t mix the solution of car wash my boyfriend had properly so I was left with massive amount of water spots :( but when I went through the car wash, I made sure to dry any water spots that was left. Including the back side of my trunk.
258E1AB9-AD8C-447E-B260-7D999E14E73A.jpeg
90DCF2D9-2313-4F5D-85A4-69D0A480241F.jpeg
Yeah you will always get spots unless you are using filtered water. All a waterspot is, is impurities in the water left on the surface when the water evaporates. Living in Florida, and having a black car definitely contributes to the amount...Easiest way I know to prevent them is wash in the P.M. out of direct sunlight panel by panel. Ex. Wash your front bumper, hood, and fenders then dry with a nice microfiber drying towel.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah you will always get spots unless you are using filtered water. All a waterspot is, is impurities in the water left on the surface when the water evaporates. Living in Florida, and having a black car definitely contributes to the amount...Easiest way I know to prevent them is wash in the P.M. out of direct sunlight panel by panel. Ex. Wash your front bumper, hood, and fenders then dry with a nice microfiber drying towel.
Have you ever used the Turtle Wax brand spray wax? I was going to wax my car when the temp cools down.

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Have you ever used the Turtle Wax brand spray wax? I was going to wax my car when the temp cools down.
I use ceramic infused sealant(Chemical Guys Hydroslick) and then I top it with a coat or two of carnauba paste wax(Adams Americana Wax). I am not a big fan of spray wax, because I’m not quite convinced it’s a long lasting solution. But, spray wax is a 1.5/10 in difficulty to use and it is 10x better than nothing!

Honda Civic 10th gen What’s maintenance that people should do to their civic once in a while 049B669F-4CB3-4A56-A42E-77AC1E1C69F3

Last edited:

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
All your cars are so beautiful lmao. I just get mine "top wash" cleaned at my local car wash with spray jets and whatever other chemicals they spray on your car.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, I got my thing and took out a spark plug to inspect it. It was absolutely beautiful, and small too haha. But yeah it's in perfect condition, the electrode nice and prominent. I'm not gonna replace them at 3 years/33.5k miles; they should definitely last longer eh? Thanks for the maintenance item though guys!

Also, I am gonna buy a bottle of that cleaner soon; I definitely need it.
Speaking of spark plugs, here are some pictures from when I inspected them; they look great!
Honda Civic 10th gen What’s maintenance that people should do to their civic once in a while 20200614_182716
Honda Civic 10th gen What’s maintenance that people should do to their civic once in a while 20200614_182713

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speaking of spark plugs, here are some pictures from when I inspected them; they look great!
20200614_182716.jpg
20200614_182713.jpg
Is it me or do those threads look twice as long as normal plugs. Wow!

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Wax the car. I do it every 3-4 month, i am expecting my paint still looks decent after 100k miles.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not sure why you would want to do this?

spark plugs in these vehicles can almost last the lifetime of the car
You're right they'll last a long time. I bought a set of spark plugs for my Civic thinking they should be replaced but now I'm like ehhh they'll stay in the garage for a few years no biggie.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're right they'll last a long time. I bought a set of spark plugs for my Civic thinking they should be replaced but now I'm like ehhh they'll stay in the garage for a few years no biggie.
They're good for 100k miles.

kcao888

First Name
keny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic, 2019 Accord
Country flag
Every two oil changes, I drain and fill the CVT transmission fluid. I have a K&N air filter that I rinse and re-charge on every oil change. Every 20k I replace the cabin filter. Lastly every 30-40k i replace the PCV Valve. Coolant drain and fill every 70k miles and spark plug every 80k miles. This works for me since I do it all by myself. tire rotations and alignments are done periodically. If I was to do everything at the dealership, I would prolong each of these steps since they charge an arm and a leg.

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Every two oil changes, I drain and fill the CVT transmission fluid. I have a K&N air filter that I rinse and re-charge on every oil change. Every 20k I replace the cabin filter. Lastly every 30-40k i replace the PCV Valve. Coolant drain and fill every 70k miles and spark plug every 80k miles. This works for me since I do it all by myself. tire rotations and alignments are done periodically. If I was to do everything at the dealership, I would prolong each of these steps since they charge an arm and a leg.
This is over-maintained, it's a Civic not a space shuttle.
Sponsored