Angelortiz15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2019
Country flag

Weird sound when accelerating, has anyone had this or know what’s wrong . All the lights are on because it has a new sensor have to get recalibrated, no engine light

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

Weird sound when accelerating, has anyone had this or know what’s wrong . All the lights are on because it has a new sensor have to get recalibrated, no engine light
Kinda sounds like a transmission whine

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag

Is it still under warranty? You should take it straight to a dealer to be safe either way. Just my 2cents.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Looks like your CVT is shot.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Generally speaking, a CVT that sounds like that may have been brake launched or something. That sounds like it might be toast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Angelortiz15

Angelortiz15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

This is in reverse

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda sounds like a transmission whine
This has gotta be trans whine. I do think the CVT's kinda whine a bit from the factory, but it's barely audible and it's present only when you let off the gas in one of the S^ "gears" where it holds your RPM. This is waaay louder than mine ever has been, and I've never heard it while accelerating. I have a hard time distinguishing if it has gotten louder in recent months as I installed a down pipe and RMM in addition to my 3" Greddy catback, so I hear that over the whine. But I have to listen pretty hard to hear it clearly so I haven't worried much.

Curious about others' experience with "normal" whine. Maybe I should take a video and see if it's even audible enough and share for discussion.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Before panicking I would first drain and fill the CVT fluid. You’d be surprised the wonders new Honda trans fluid can do, and how delicate Honda transmissions are with old fluid. I’d probably drain and fill the fluid maybe 2-3 times to flush everything, if the whine is still there then I would begin worrying

OP
OP
Angelortiz15

Angelortiz15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Before panicking I would first drain and fill the CVT fluid. You’d be surprised the wonders new Honda trans fluid can do, and how delicate Honda transmissions are with old fluid. I’d probably drain and fill the fluid maybe 2-3 times to flush everything, if the whine is still there then I would begin worrying
update the car wouldn't move in gear, but it would rev up and accelerate. had to get it towed:( also noticed transmission leaking at the bottom when being towed , is the transmission garbage?

OP
OP
Angelortiz15

Angelortiz15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Generally speaking, a CVT that sounds like that may have been brake launched or something. That sounds like it might be toast.
update the car wouldn't move in gear, but it would rev up and accelerate. had to get it towed:( also noticed transmission leaking at the bottom when being towed , is the transmission ready to go?

Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan Executive (EU)
Country flag
update the car wouldn't move in gear, but it would rev up and accelerate. had to get it towed:( also noticed transmission leaking at the bottom when being towed , is the transmission ready to go?
Sadly, it's probably toasted. Let us know with some updates once you know what the problem is
Sponsored