Weird beam cutoff on LED headlights (EX-T)

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
Just canceled my order for Opt7 and getting Hikari, plus cheaper. Are the drivers for Hikari heavy ? did you ziptie them or just let them hang ?
The fans aren't that heavy at all. They are slightly longer than stock bulbs but the fitments is fine. I zipped tied the mini ballast to a spot circled in yellow on the picture above. They fit perfectly under those bars.

Last edited:

spanky34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
**deleted**

:imnew:
**holy super derp.... those are 2 LED comparison. I'm gonna go drink more coffee and stop posting at 6am.......lol
The head lights are opt 7 hids vs Hikari leds. Fogs are both leds

spanky34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's some edits of the photos that let you see the difference a little easier.

Still shows the Hikari's are better IMO.

However, I think the sirius LED fogs may be too bright and cast light too far upwards. I definitely wouldn't run with them on unless you absolutely needed them. They will be distracting to other drivers at night.

1stHondaEver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
Here's the full comparison. Used identical manual modes for comparison shots. Some side by side's are in auto mode.

I think the throw on the Hikari's is better and they match the DRL's better. I really like how much the yellow fogs compliment the Opt 7's though. If I had to do it over, I'd probably go with the Hikari LED's and the same yellow fogs I've got.
That's an awesome comparison. Thanks for all the different angles and the opinion. Appreciate the time it took for you guys to do this.

Both sets of bulbs look really good. I have 5K OPT 7 HIDs on my other car and absolutely love them. I think I'll go with the Hikari LEDs and yellow fogs on the Civic. I also agree with you that the Sirius LED fogs look like they'd be shining right in eyes of oncoming drivers.

Thanks again! Been struggling with the HID v. LED decision for like 2 weeks now. LOL

Last edited:

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
That's an awesome comparison. Thanks for all the different angles and the opinion. Appreciate the time it took for you guys to do this.

Both sets of bulbs look really good. I have 5K OPT 7 HIDs on my other car and absolutely love them. I think I'll go with the Hikari LEDs and yellow fogs on the Civic. I also agree with you that the Sirius LED fogs look like they'd be shining right in eyes of oncoming drivers.

Thanks again! Been struggling with the HID v. LED decision for like 2 weeks now. LOL

I really don't use the fog lights unless there's actual fog on the road. So far I have not been flashed with them on.

1stHondaEver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really don't use the fog lights unless there's actual fog on the road. So far I have not been flashed with them on.
Yeah, I hate when people turn on every single light on their car for no reason. I'm sure they definitely help in the fog. Good to know you've never gotten flashed with the fogs on. They look really nice. Probably mostly camera exposure, just thought I saw some light projecting high on the wall in one of the pics.

Thanks for the original pics of what the Hikari's look like in the Civic and for doing the comparison!

spanky34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I hate when people turn on every single light on their car for no reason. I'm sure they definitely help in the fog. Good to know you've never gotten flashed with the fogs on. They look really nice. Probably mostly camera exposure, just thought I saw some light projecting high on the wall in one of the pics.

Thanks for the original pics of what the Hikari's look like in the Civic and for doing the comparison!
The light is definitely projecting high on the wall from his fogs. Exposure was manually set on the camera between cars for the shots. If it shows up there in the pictures, it's really there.

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic

Yeah when we turned on the fogs, you could clearly see the circular pattern from the fogs on the wall. I decided form over function with the fogs.

1stHondaEver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah when we turned on the fogs, you could clearly see the circular pattern from the fogs on the wall. I decided form over function with the fogs.
They look really nice. Gotta love that bright white light over stock.

Quick question. When you install the LED bulbs in the low beam, are the LEDs facing up and down or left and right if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the mounting pic too. Looks like a good place to put them.

gheezycivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBM civic
They look really nice. Gotta love that bright white light over stock.

Quick question. When you install the LED bulbs in the low beam, are the LEDs facing up and down or left and right if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the mounting pic too. Looks like a good place to put them.
There's an LED on each side of the bulb, so I installed it with the LED facing left and right, if that makes sense.