Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyoda

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Tundra CrewMax
Country flag
I am Located fairly close to the Dragon... if anyone is coming thru the Chattanooga area Saturday morning we could meet up EARLY and caravan to the event. Just pm me or post and we can set up a time and place to meet.
Sponsored

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
Event Update + Request

1.) Some have asked about washing their cars at the resort. We have a car was spot reserved on site for Friday and Saturday at the Fontana Village General Store. I expect that they will supply the hose and water, and everything else will be up to those interested in using it.

2.) We currently have 50 people signed up to attend, but only 10 that have booked a room at the resort via our group. I understand that not everyone is going to stay overnight for whatever reason, and that some may be staying somewhere else close by. However, it is important that the resort is able to keep up with our group size.

What this means is that if you are staying at the resort but did not register specifically under the group when you reserved your room, I need to know so that I can add your names to the group list. If this is you, please reply here or PM me with the name the reservation is under.

If you are planning on staying at the resort but have not booked a room yet, I encourage you to do so very soon and to please remember to reference "Civic Owners Group" when you call.

Thanks
We've and I booked a room a month ago but not under the group rate... Just a heads up

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
No, there are a few left.

14hr 29 minutes is the longest I've seen so far (based on Google maps). It may be a close one!

Thanks!
We are there with bells on, I love long drives and to be a part of this!!!

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We've and I booked a room a month ago but not under the group rate... Just a heads up
Please PM me with whatever name the reservation is under so I can make sure that they have you within our group. Thanks

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All 50 no-cost spots sponsored by Hondata have been filled. We are still accepting registrations at the normal $30 rate.

Last edited:

Whitemare.FC2

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic, 2.0 CVt
Reserved two Hondata spots for myself and the girlfriend, will call tomorrow morning to book the hotel officially. Called earlier this evening right before work and they are still offering the Group rate. @360glitch I will PM you with the name of the reservation once it is verified.

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
I am Located fairly close to the Dragon... if anyone is coming thru the Chattanooga area Saturday morning we could meet up EARLY and caravan to the event. Just pm me or post and we can set up a time and place to meet.
We’ll be coming through Chattanooga, but most likely Friday night. If your plans change, let me know.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We’ll be coming through Chattanooga, but most likely Friday night. If your plans change, let me know.
I will be coming through Chattanooga as well, however it will also be Friday evening. Living an hour north west of Chicago(675 miles to Fontana), we are leaving at 5am to hopefully be to Fontana around 5pm. Giving us extra time for breakfast, lunch, etc.

Cyoda

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will be coming through Chattanooga as well, however it will also be Friday evening. Living an hour north west of Chicago(675 miles to Fontana), we are leaving at 5am to hopefully be to Fontana around 5pm. Giving us extra time for breakfast, lunch, etc.
If your coming through Chattanooga you may be going a longer route than necessary.... you will shave some time off the trip by going thru Knoxville. Unless you want to drive up from the south side and enjoy the fun roads heading to Fontana.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If your coming through Chattanooga you may be going a longer route than necessary.... you will shave some time off the trip by going thru Knoxville. Unless you want to drive up from the south side and enjoy the fun roads heading to Fontana.
You know you are right. I misspoke, we're going to Chattanooga on Sunday after our event. Going to check out lookout mountain.

Cyoda

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
About a mile off I75N exit 20 there is a gas station that has 93 octane 100% gas if you interested! $2.99 gal when I filled up last week. It is right next to the race track! (It will drop your max boost). You will drive right by it if you decide to take the Hwy 64 route to Fontana. That’s the way I normally go. It’s a nice scenic driving road that keeps you off the interstate.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cle...1!1s0x885eb8ee9bc41c5f:0x448b383171bc3f8a!3e0

https://www.mapquest.com/directions...rth-carolina/fontana-village-resort-273195565

You know you are right. I misspoke, we're going to Chattanooga on Sunday after our event. Going to check out lookout mountain.
Check out the route I just posted.... I think you will like to come back that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.