Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Well I’m sure it was probably from one of the gas stations we visited in the area. One card was used for an online test transaction, weirdly my card provider claimed they had the right address when I spoke with them. The other card was used back to back, $20 charges each at a shell gas station in Woodstock, GA.
Either way both my card providers took care of the issue. I will say the test transaction was caught as fraudulent, while the gas station charges went through. Test transactions don’t show up on your transactions ($0 charge).
Not a big deal that’s why I exclusively use credit cards.
It does suck I have to update all my automatic payments.
That does suck having to update all the auto-payments, but glad your CC company is taking care of it. Most gas stations have cameras, wonder if it's worth seeing if an investigator would go to those gas locations and pull up the tape and see if you can get a face or license plate. Also, an online test transaction? Like for a college course or something? Couldn't they drill down and see who benefited from that to figure out who the thief is?
Sponsored

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
That does suck having to update all the auto-payments, but glad your CC company is taking care of it. Most gas stations have cameras, wonder if it's worth seeing if an investigator would go to those gas locations and pull up the tape and see if you can get a face or license plate. Also, an online test transaction? Like for a college course or something? Couldn't they drill down and see who benefited from that to figure out who the thief is?
So apparently a test transaction is actually something the credit card thieves do by charging $0 to a card and seeing if the charge goes through. If it works-I assume-they then start spending. I was talking to a coworker who had the same thing happen a while back. Unfortunately, the credit card holder won’t know a test transaction is being done with their info; since it doesn’t show up on your statement or recent transactions.

The test transaction was done through a fake company.

As far as investigations, I’m sure the respective fraud teams will do their own investigation. After all it’s technically their money, I doubt they wouldn’t mind taking a loss.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
Well I’m sure it was probably from one of the gas stations we visited in the area. One card was used for an online test transaction, weirdly my card provider claimed they had the right address when I spoke with them. The other card was used back to back, $20 charges each at a shell gas station in Woodstock, GA.
Either way both my card providers took care of the issue. I will say the test transaction was caught as fraudulent, while the gas station charges went through. Test transactions don’t show up on your transactions ($0 charge).
Not a big deal that’s why I exclusively use credit cards.
It does suck I have to update all my automatic payments.
You know, DAVE same thing happened to me at a local Shell station here in town. My card was skimmed, then I got a fraud alert from my bank that my card was being used all over south Dallas. The only time I go to south Dallas is when I have a VA appointment. I asked how my card was used and the bank said it was swiped. Thankfully my bank cancelled the card, reversed the charges and to me to go into the nearest branch and they can make a new card on the spot. Now card merchants are going to do away with signatures and just go off the chip so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
Few pics from the trip, the photo I took of the PRL guys cracks me up. Great turn out, met some very good people while there. Also want to thank all the sponsors that contributed, amazing the amount of items handed out...The last pics shows the beautiful weather I had coming home lol...

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25 hOxHLeI

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25 gEVtXhx

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25 mZlWZir

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25 HPDAZHG

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25 wMQjQm9

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25 lmYkEQ

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25 pA7ozfm

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2018 presented by Hondata (Tail of the Dragon Meet) - Late Reg through March 25 UaqA1CF

Last edited:

CTR_Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Few pics from the trip, the photo I took of the PRL guys cracks me up. Great turn out, met some very good people while there. Also want to thank all the sponsors that contributed, amazing the amount of items handed out...The last pics shows the beautiful weather I had coming home lol...

hOxHLeI.jpg
I think this photo could be a meme....

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has the pictures of everyone and their cars been posted somewhere?
Yes, there is a separate photo thread within this section of the forum.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey i just called the resort and referenced the "civic owners group" to register a room. They lady i spoke with said that the dates were April 5th-7th, yet the information i'm seeing on the first post of this thread says March 30th through April 1st.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey i just called the resort and referenced the "civic owners group" to register a room. They lady i spoke with said that the dates were April 5th-7th, yet the information i'm seeing on the first post of this thread says March 30th through April 1st.
This is 2018 man. Not 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.