Wait for 2021 CTR?

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
.I think this car will be around after 2021. I don’t see why closing out a plant (that seems to have been in the works for awhile) will make this car go away..................if you find a good/great deal to you - I say the pull the trigger. Good luck with your search.
For sure 2021 will be the last CTR out of the UK Swindon facility. They've had years of expertise making hatchbacks. As said in my other posts, changes or not, I was certain to finalize my purchase on a 2020. The upgrades were bonuses for my patience.

You can wait forever but newer is not always the better. There are speculations that the next gen CTR will be hybrid and might not come with manual.
Not only may the power and tranny be different, it will be built at another facility altogether. 1st year or so of production is a learning curve for assembly workers. Not wise to be their retail buying Guinea Pig!

Neceivato and dejavu got it right - if your in the market (new or used), find the respectable deal and "BITE THAT BULLET"!!!

The 2021 LE is so tempting but being a cheap fellow and an aging rice rocket aficionado, I decided on the GT version for NA to save the bucks, but moreso, not give up the creature comforts ( e.g. a/c, multiple ride profiles, sound deadening etc..........)
Sponsored

Last edited: